elite 72mm atmo

Blowby

Reaction score
:doh: Now that I thought about it I just need to loosen the drain back tube and move that into position.

IMG_2147.jpg

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I'm going to get the up pipes loose at the manifolds and see if that gets me enough play to separate the vgt and atmo. What's your opinions on that, also may get me a better angle on those bolts once I lift everything off.

Wayne

Reaction score
Don't even bother. If it's as bad as you say, pull the trans, or cab, and do it right if you can't get the bolts out with the space you have now.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Nope turbo side, can you get the atmo off with the vgt still attached to the up pipes? I'm messing with it again, it sucks because I can get on them soo easy now, just can't get them to come loose.

White_monster

Reaction score
You can't pull the exhaust housing of the atmo without removing the hp turbo since the up pipes don't allow enough movement, although if you disconnect the up pipes from the manifold you may get just enough room to get it out.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Can't you just leave the exhaust housing in the high pressure and swap turbos into the exhaust housing and set everything down?

White_monster

Reaction score
Yes you can swap the atmo turbo out with leaving th eexhaust housing in but do the turbo vendors void the warranty if you do that?. He needs the HP turbo out so he can replace the VGT actuator arm that is broken too.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I'm kinda on hold at the moment again, hoping to get some one who knows what's going on here Monday or Tuesday to give me a hand. Really been a crappy birthday now with a broke truck.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was just wondering why the vgt was ever even trying to be removed, i see why now.

I always have good luck with snap on 10mm 3/8 drive 6pt impact wobble sockets for the lower bolts and a 3-4 inch extension, you have to be carefull that the socket is all the way on, but thats how i always do it, i also have a good long handled flex head snap on ratchet that works well for leverage.

Latest posts

Members online