elite or diesel dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
Nice first post. However they base their decisions on what they have which is elite. If i had elites kit id be saying the same thing. They dont want non vendors of the site pushing products which is understandable. This isnt the case hence jeremeys ban being lifted and the threads continuance. Its good info for people choosing a kit

Well put. We just go off of what we know and the info given and what we've seen; from what i've seen i just like elite. I believe they do a good job and know what their doing.

Reaction score
Here's the differences:

Elite, adds another belt, tensioner, idler, and drive pulley. Hpf line T's into factory hpf line. Has a nicer harness. Have to run a no-limit (or equivalent) cold side pipe and elbow. Notching of the battery box. Does not require you to remove factory main alternator. Top quality brackets. $2300 on sale now.

Diesel dr, uses one drive belt with no added pulleys except pump pulley. Have to remove main factory alternator. Comes with pigtail to jump main alternator harness to secondary alternator (keeps light from coming on). Uses two lines to connect into hpf system (no T fitting). Can use any inlet elbow and cold side pipe (even factory). Harness is not plug and play, you must splice into factory hpfp harness. Bracketry is more "home made" looking. Second hpfp is less accessible in the location that diesel dr. puts it in. More of a value-line kit. Idk what the actual list price for this kit is right now but in the $1000-1500 range.

I think those are fairly factual points of each pump kit. Both will do the job. If anyone wants to add FACTUAL info to this feel free to copy and paste to add more.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Here's the differences:

Elite, adds another belt, tensioner, idler, and drive pulley. Hpf line T's into factory hpf line. Has a nicer harness. Have to run a no-limit (or equivalent) cold side pipe and elbow. Notching of the battery box. Does not require you to remove factory main alternator. Top quality brackets. $2300 on sale now.

Diesel dr, uses one drive belt with no added pulleys except pump pulley. Have to remove main factory alternator. Comes with pigtail to jump main alternator harness to secondary alternator (keeps light from coming on). Uses two lines to connect into hpf system (no T fitting). Can use any inlet elbow and cold side pipe (even factory). Harness is not plug and play, you must splice into factory hpfp harness. Bracketry is more "home made" looking. Second hpfp is less accessible in the location that diesel dr. puts it in. More of a value-line kit. Idk what the actual list price for this kit is right now but in the $1000-1500 range.

I think those are fairly factual points of each pump kit. Both will do the job. If anyone wants to add FACTUAL info to this feel free to copy and paste to add more.

Very well put.

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
Here's the differences:

Thank you for that. No one has actually put the facts of them in yet so that should help the whole convo and the decision he has to make.

jdgleason

Reaction score
It's funny how the only people who have a problem with the diesel doctor kit are either moderators or have elite in their signature. Not taking sides. Just pointing out that he obvious.

How many people total are running your kit? Very few. How many people are running elites? A lot more.

It always cracks me up when guys feel like they're getting picked on because no one has any experience with their product.

I feel like you bring a lot of this on yourself.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It's funny how the only people who have a problem with the diesel doctor kit are either moderators or have elite in their signature. Not taking sides. Just pointing out that he obvious.

Lol. You know why I rep Elite? Because I run his stuff. I also have a lot of faith in the r&d and testing that takes place prior to market release. Plus, you know you get what you pay for with Elite. Wanna know why I don't run your kit, from a customer stand point? Because it looks like something made from scrap that was laying around. There's no form and honestly, I question it's function in comparison to market ready kits. Also, given your prior history, I wouldn't give you a dollar even if it meant Jenna Jaimeson would blow me in the parking lot. But I'm biased for using my brain, right?

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Lol. You know why I rep Elite? Because I run his stuff. I also have a lot of faith in the r&d and testing that takes place prior to market release. Plus, you know you get what you pay for with Elite. Wanna know why I don't run your kit, from a customer stand point? Because it looks like something made from scrap that was laying around. There's no form and honestly, I question it's function in comparison to market ready kits. Also, given your prior history, I wouldn't give you a dollar even if it meant Jenna Jaimeson would blow me in the parking lot. But I'm biased for using my brain, right?

How does the kit look like it was made from scrap? Is it because the name isnt engraved in the pulley? Honestly its 2 brackets and a few lines. If any kit was to be called home made id put my money on the one that takes a chunk out of your rocker box. But it does the same thing at an affordable rate. I wouldnt hesitate to use it because of that. Just limitations in tuning.
As for less people running the DD kit i would say youre right but to say it doesnt perform is a bad call. Jeremey has a few customers trucks that rock out and thats just from what i see online.
Like Shane said. They all do the same thing just depends what you feel comfortable with

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
Someone's opinion of another mans product is no way shape or form being "owned" at all just a FYI for ya!

i understand that but there's not really much to say after what has already been said. im just agreeing with the point of elite. i've just seen them perform better and i may be a little tilted to there side.

Jgon08

Reaction score
i understand that but there's not really much to say after what has already been said. im just agreeing with the point of elite. i've just seen them perform better and i may be a little tilted to there side.

Yes I understand 100%, but I've seen both kits and too me there both good kits do the same thing and both do it well, but that being said I went with the elite kit for my truck. But Im buying another truck soon and it will have a diesel dr in it! It's all in what you want.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
How does the kit look like it was made from scrap? Is it because the name isnt engraved in the pulley? Honestly its 2 brackets and a few lines. If any kit was to be called home made id put my money on the one that takes a chunk out of your rocker box. But it does the same thing at an affordable rate. I wouldnt hesitate to use it because of that. Just limitations in tuning.
As for less people running the DD kit i would say youre right but to say it doesnt perform is a bad call. Jeremey has a few customers trucks that rock out and thats just from what i see online.
Like Shane said. They all do the same thing just depends what you feel comfortable with

Check out the mater fabricators projects and parts. They speak volumes. Of course, I'm not here to stop people from running what they want. Side by side, the elite kit is gonna win me over every time. Take Elites name off it and lets say its made by Sinsiter, I'd still buy it. I want to pop my hood and have people in aww of the quality they see.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Becase taking a chunk out of your rocker box is really that big of a deal?

Thanks for the shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online