Engine oil

ncollins64

Reaction score
Let me get home this evening and I'll gladly pull my dipstick and show you the red oil at 10k miles. Would you argue with a wall? LOL I'm not the only one seeing these results with LE oil.

ncollins64

Reaction score
LE 8800

Here's a pic of LE 8800 at 10k miles. I changed the filter at 5k miles is all and added 1 qt back in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 143

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It stays cleaner longer because it cleans out the ring lands. When they re seat contamination drops considerably. I do recommend bypass though to get rid of particles you can't see. I can help there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David N

Reaction score
Try my 8854 and I'll throw in analysis to help you dial in the interval, or 8800. I prefer 8800 in 7.3 and 6.0

So you'd skip the syn. in our 7.3's and go with conventional? Post up some comparative info on the two for running in a 7.3. I currently run Mobil 1 5w-40 but I'd be down to try something new.

And what are the prices? We need 14 quarts obviously so no easy way to get that exact amount. But what are some prices on getting an amount close to that?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'll post up some stuff tomorrow for ya, I've got to be out the door at 0400

TyCorr

Reaction score
It stays cleaner longer because it cleans out the ring lands. When they re seat contamination drops considerably. I do recommend bypass though to get rid of particles you can't see. I can help there as well.

Hmmm....thats interesting for sure.

Reaction score
Holy cow, I've been pondering the LE oil, think I'm convinced now. Jimdawg, I have an 06 6.0 (in sig) and an 02 7.3 (parents rig) could you please send me a pm with prices, and some details on what I need. Both tucks are primarly used for tow rigs, the 06 is for a 13k 5th wheel, and the 02 is an 8500lb TT. They both also serve as typical weekend wariors and some daily driving, but we have other primary daily drivers. Also, are oil temps really affected that much?

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Holy cow, I've been pondering the LE oil, think I'm convinced now. Jimdawg, I have an 06 6.0 (in sig) and an 02 7.3 (parents rig) could you please send me a pm with prices, and some details on what I need. Both tucks are primarly used for tow rigs, the 06 is for a 13k 5th wheel, and the 02 is an 8500lb TT. They both also serve as typical weekend wariors and some daily driving, but we have other primary daily drivers. Also, are oil temps really affected that much?

Sorry I didn't see this. I hope you got me PM.

Reaction score
Got it

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

Black AOD

Reaction score
I never believed it until I got hooked up with Jim and LE. Now all my vehicles and equipment run LE oils

Same here. My oil dipstick looks exactly like Nathan's and I'm at about 6k right now. Im going to stretch out to 8k and then change. Jim's product is stellar. I run his diff fluid as well. It made a HUGE difference in the rear end when I installed my truetrac and his fluid.

Reaction score
Where can i get this stuff?
He answered my pm quickly, definitely going this route next oil change

Latest posts

Members online