Maybe that worked?

Keith

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
And this is the redneck engineering. It is 3 inch semi hose 12 inches long that looks to be reinforced and 2 clamps from Napa. Under $35. You remove the plastic crap pipe with and you'll need something like a dremel or some type of cutoff wheel(luckily I made it back to the shop) and cut the non remove able clamp off the rubber boot. Remove it from the lower plastic crap pipe and clamp the ends. We lined up the hose to the butterfly valve side so that when the clamp was compressed, ithe hose would kinda bite the groves and hold. Luckily there is a metal collar inside the other plastic pipe so clamping that wouldn't collapse the plastic pipe. Got me 1k miles to date but I've been pretty easy on it, I did test it a couple times after I got home and it held 27lbs of boost but I didn't want to press my luck. Will definitely get you going again till it can be fixed properly. The hose obviously will flex under boost so I don't think you'll get the boost it normally makes but again, this was just a band aid.

Keith

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dam! it blew the plastic all to hell.... good fix though. my cousins run that type of hose on their chummings. its relatively cheap and strong!!

live life full throttle

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
His plastic tubing looks exactly like mine after it blew off the truck!

Oh and Lincolnlocker, I havent tried that air intake tube I rigged up yet. I can say I took your advise and am removing all the red silicone 1st. LOL That epoxy is holding it on like a rock. I tried pushing that cpvc cap through the hole with pressure and it would not move.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
His plastic tubing looks exactly like mine after it blew off the truck!

Oh and Lincolnlocker, I havent tried that air intake tube I rigged up yet. I can say I took your advise and am removing all the red silicone 1st. LOL That epoxy is holding it on like a rock. I tried pushing that cpvc cap through the hole with pressure and it would not move.

So your saying you blew a hose....ha and I'm spent!

Latest posts

Members online