Found Dustin's Old Truck

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
You're welcome to run mine at Rudy's if you get yours to fit a 16. But sounds good!

I appreciate it. 16s wont work on this one and don't wanna get into grinding calipers. I have the hoosier tires pretty much ready to be dropped off at the shop, just having a hard time deciding on the wheels to run on them. Since the copper ones on it now will be very hard to beat.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I appreciate it. 16s wont work on this one and don't wanna get into grinding calipers. I have the hoosier tires pretty much ready to be dropped off at the shop, just having a hard time deciding on the wheels to run on them. Since the copper ones on it now will be very hard to beat.

I don't blame you one bit! Hope to see you at Rudy's

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
You looking at 18" wheels with 325/45 Hoosiers?

I'm having a hell of a time figuring out a tire/wheel setup myself.

The tires are perfect, but can't find wheels I want in 18x10. Might just have to suck it up and run the same mavericks everyone else does...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
You looking at 18" wheels with 325/45 Hoosiers?

I'm having a hell of a time figuring out a tire/wheel setup myself.

The tires are perfect, but can't find wheels I want in 18x10. Might just have to suck it up and run the same mavericks everyone else does...

yea were going to go with an 18, just not sure what yet. the idea was keep the 420s and copper kranks for shows and dyno events, and just get the lightest wheel possible for the hoosiers for the track. but with everything else still left on the truck, I let the 2nd set of wheels slip past and figured il just use this set up till next season.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with 420's, you can cut low 1.6's with them, just have to be careful on the launch.

I'm running a/t's right now and 4x4 burnouts on a prepped track slinging rubber and vht all over my truck is getting old.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with 420's, you can cut low 1.6's with them, just have to be careful on the launch.

I'm running a/t's right now and 4x4 burnouts on a prepped track slinging rubber and vht all over my truck is getting old.

yea the hoosiers well get it hooked no doubt better, we were hoping to have more time with it this season, but with all the issues with hit with the truck were happy to make a few passes this year, and get it dialed in for next year as well as make sure we have a motor that's up to what we are planning for it.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well last night we got the 4 link on from Flight Fab, as well as some adjustable Rancho shocks and limiting straps.

Eric got us some tunes for the truck which we put in. all that's left now is nitrous which im on the fence about putting in for this weekend. were at about 200 miles on the truck, really want to see some more miles before I start spraying but well see what peer pressure does.

IMG_4876_zpsjlj9viec.jpg

th_IMG_4878_zpszrddrrl5.jpg

trucks running good, so were excited to see what kind of fuel numbers we get at the track tomorrow.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Love the green and copper! I say spray it. Nothings going to break that wouldnt break either way if you have a couple hundred miles on it with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Love the green and copper! I say spray it. Nothings going to break that wouldnt break either way if you have a couple hundred miles on it with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

im not worried about breaking, im extremely confident in the motor we put together, I gave the red truck 1000 (Almost) miles to break in and have the rings seat properly, as much as im ready and waiting to push this truck hard, its worth the little extra wait time to make sure everything is broken in properly that way when we push it, we know it will take it and be fine.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Unless you have a ton of racing experience there is usually plenty to figure out, adjust and get comfortable with without adding nitrous to the equation.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Unless you have a ton of racing experience there is usually plenty to figure out, adjust and get comfortable with without adding nitrous to the equation.

this is exactly what me and the guys were talking about last night.

am I happy the first few track passes with this truck are going to be at diesel nationals NO, however I want to be comfortable in the truck and see how it responds to different tunes, ect. so unfortunately were going out this weekend with zero expectations of times and results, its more a learning process to see what it does and get comfortable with the truck.

really planning to use the rest of this year as a learning curve and come out ready for next season.

Wayne

Reaction score
The truck is looking great Mark! It's really cool to see this thing back to life, and better than ever. I'm a big fan of the wrap and grille choice.

Emery19

Reaction score
Looking awesome man! really wish i could have made it to this and last weekends events to check it out and catch up, but life gets in the way.

Jomax

Reaction score
were happy with this one so far.

diesel nationals is Saturday so we have a Flight fab 4 link on its way here with some limiting straps, some Rancho Adj. Shocks on the way, and a nitrous kit ready to get thrown in the truck.

were not sure if were gona use the nitrous this weekend, but better sage then sorry!

Isn't it NEXT Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well we ended up not getting the nitrous in the truck, and went back and forth a few times on tuning with the truck. we did get a chance to make 4 passes on Saturday, none of which were anything to discuss, best number we did was a 13.8 at 119mph.

I will say that this is complete driver error on my part, this truck just flat out pulls hard. but I do have to get some more seat time in it and learn how to drive the truck. I was not able to get the turbo to spool past 4-5psi at the line, really have to roll into the staging much harder then I was, but once this truck spools, its gone!

we did throw the truck back on the dyno again Sunday and made 963/1488 on fuel. the truck definitely has some power,

well be back at the track Friday night with it again hopefully with a much better launch we can get this truck into the numbers where it belongs. but I will say this, after 4 passes Saturday, and dyno on Sunday, one of my guys blew out his head gasket in his dodge, and ended up trailering his truck home, and drove the race truck back home little over an hour with no problem.

overall not disappointed in this weekend, definitely nice to be behind the wheel and make some passes, but we have some work to do before the tracks shut down!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well we got some tuning and an alignment done this week on the truck. were gona head back to the track tomorrow night and hopefully get a little better launch and see if we can learn how to drive this truck~!