Found Dustin's Old Truck

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
I would think boost would be around what your back pressure is reading. In the 65-75 range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
mini maxx should max out at just over 70 ebp

correct, most likely that's where it was then, honestly after it hits 65 I usually am a little more worried about keeping it on the road then trying to read the guage.

I would think boost would be around what your back pressure is reading. In the 65-75 range

ideally yet, but this isn't always the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Hope nobody's standing near that thing.

atleast not without a helmet

this is why craig thinks we should change the housing size also thinks the smaller housing is choking the turbo out...so well see

getstroked27

Reaction score
100psi out of a single turbo ?

The boost sensor is on the charge pipe about 6 inches from the v-band, so that is a pre-intercooler reading. post should be lower. Have to remember, small turbine and tight housing, it is getting pushed way harder than a bigger setup.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The boost sensor is on the charge pipe about 6 inches from the v-band, so that is a pre-intercooler reading. post should be lower. Have to remember, small turbine and tight housing, it is getting pushed way harder than a bigger setup.

that turbo will be trashed in short order.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
that turbo will be trashed in short order.

have a 1.0 housing in the works

when james originally put this turbo together thinking .90 and a gate for compounds but since its gona stay a single for a little while were gona go to a 1.0 then well drop back to the .90 and gate around it for compounds like we originally planned.

NathannialD

Reaction score
have a 1.0 housing in the works

when james originally put this turbo together thinking .90 and a gate for compounds but since its gona stay a single for a little while were gona go to a 1.0 then well drop back to the .90 and gate around it for compounds like we originally planned.

Why not just open the gate??

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Why not just open the gate??

he had the gates opening right now, but still concerned with back pressure

soon as we get the truck back up here which should be Wednesday were gona put the back pressure guage in and see where everything is at with manual gauges.

in the mean time we have a housing on the way

getstroked27

Reaction score
7d7abef93581a52423d7514815814b28.jpg

Gates were opening for sure 🤓🤓

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
little update on this, waiting on james to get my the housing, the one I originally got was the wrong down pipe flange (from a buddy)

we got the new TCM in just waiting for craig to send me the updated trans file. and hope that we get the fueling issue squared away.

well be at the track Saturday and hopefully well get some good numbers out of it.

may run to cecil Friday night as well...well see how the projects in the shop go tonight and tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online