Go fast/make power Fab thread- Lets see your work.

sgleshot

Reaction score
its not a powerstroke, but I built the entire truck from the ground up, 17inches of front travel, 22inches or rear travel, 393w stroker, 13 to 1 compression moved back 18 inches and dropped 12 inches from stock location, built manual c6, custom 9 inch rear, dana 60 front with custom hubs, and brakes. We make our own custom shocks nitrogen shocks, cage is .120 wall DOM, Evolution hiems, 1410 driveline, front axle is stockish guts, and the rear is packed with forged goodness, the list goes on.

1-3.jpg

lima1.jpg

2011-05-07_11-49-08_582.jpg

2011-04-24_19-10-45_626.jpg

9.jpg

2011-04-30_21-11-34_587.jpg

Last edited:

sgleshot

Reaction score
Holy Axle truss! Lol good work man that thing is way cool

thats the new one, its only 3/16th rectangular stock that was fit to the bottom of the housing and the back brace is 1/8" wanted to keep it as light as possible yet retain the strength. the last axle was plated with .5" plate, and yes it was heavier than 10 dead... well... ya it was stupid heavy.

Last edited:

Boostfed

Reaction score
Not a big mud guy but the fab- I Love it! What does that thing weigh? I can't imagine all that DOM is very light...

Damn why was there never a thread like this on the old forum?!

Last edited:

genuineford

Reaction score
That turbo drain in the bottom of the pan has nothing but trouble on it.... turbo is not going to be very happy...

That is the exact same spot that aggie (chris) from truck source diesel had his turbo drain and had fine results with it. I was just duplicating his work. He sent me a pic and i put it in the same place. But the others are correct I sold the motor before it got put to use. BTW that is the front of the pan, the deep part of the pan is in the back. I do not know how full the pan gets when it has oil in it. I would imagine if there is any oil there it isn't much.

And don't you all worry my truck will not have a 460 in it forever.

On the up pipes I did not make the collector for the turbo correct.

Last edited:

sgleshot

Reaction score
Not a big mud guy but the fab- I Love it! What does that thing weigh? I can't imagine all that DOM is very light...

Damn why was there never a thread like this on the old forum?!

I used to play alot in the mud, but this truck is primary for a dry track, although I've raced on a few wet days, just sucks when it comes time to clean!!!

As far as weight, the truck is a frogs hair over 3900 with me in it.

907DAVE

Reaction score
That turbo drain in the bottom of the pan has nothing but trouble on it.... turbo is not going to be very happy...

I have mine in a very similar location, except on the side of the pan - have yet to have a bit of trouble with it. It is high enough to be above the "oil line" in the pan, but I dont I feel that there would be any issues if it was below.

sgleshot

Reaction score
Jealous!!!! I've been itchin for a set of dimple dies, just cant justify it at the moment. Nice lookin work!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.