H&S dual fueler install w/ pics

Chris

Reaction score
Got some dual fueler kits in stock, and low and behold one had a blue pulley! Thought it was the perfect opportunity to try one out on my daily.

Install is very doable for a guy that likes to wrench on the weekends. It took us about 7 hours but we essentially did it twice. We removed the fan hub to clearance the old idler pulley mount to make the necessary room for the cp3 pulley, as opposed to doing so on the truck. One thing you want to make sure you do is NOT leave the fan harness behind the fan hub, forget about it, and put the entire truck back together before realizing your mistake! That being said, i beleive a typical install will take around 4-5 hours taking ones time. The kit fits well. The pulleys are close but as long as you are thinking ahead and position the pump correctly before you tighten the bolts you will be fine. The quality of the supplied harness, bracket, and fittings are awesome. It makes for a very clean install.

As far as performance goes, the truck has definately gained power. You can tell that the turbo is the limiting factor now. When running upwards of 1600us or so on duration the turbo never cleans the smoke, especially as the rpms climb. I plan to get it on the dyno this week and do some tweaking and get some solid numbers, but sotp meter says 500-510. Last time the truck was dynoed with canned h&s tunes and 5 inch exhaust and intake, it did 465. Ill update everyone with the numbers when i get them.

Here are some pictures for anyone who is curious. Once you get everything back together, its very stealthy. you have to look under the intake to even see the pump. i plan on changing the fuel feed and return lines to the cp3 to braided stainless and run them under the cowl to clean things up. Ill also try to get some pictures of the fuel filter kit w/ the billet filter head. They left an extra feed port on the back of the head which looks like a great place for a fuel pressure guage or possibly feed another filter. You can tell the entire kit had a lot of thought and design put into it and another nice thing is in the future if anyone needs anymore fuel, the cp3 can be modified by your choice of cp3 vendor. For anyone curious, it uses a 6.7 cummins cp3.

photo51.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo28.jpg

bricewise

Reaction score
Looks good man..been to lazy to put mine on recently...any special tools needed?

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
What about those of us with the dual alternators?

Unfortunately the H&S Motorsports kit will not work on trucks with dual alternators (unless of course you want to remove one of them!).

Nice information Chris, it's always great to hear feedback from shops installing these products.

Chris

Reaction score
The only special tool youll need is a 12 pt torx bit. if i remember correctly it was a 10mm. This is to get the factory plug out of the passenger side fuel rail. Some swivel sockets and an air wrachet make life a lot easier too but you can definately do without. Youll want a fan clutch tool with the pins that screw in to remove the fan and also to hold the cp3 pulley when torquing the nut. Youll also need a good torque wrench as there are a few things that require torque. the instructions that come with the kit are very detailed and provide you with the torque specs.

One thing we ended up doing at the end which well be doing in the future is removing the upper fan shroud. its 5 bolts and you just lay the secondary coolant resivoir over and sneak the shroud up and out. takes all of 5 minutes and if you have big hands it makes it a lot easier to get to the the belt and hooking up the bracket that holds the fan harness.

i cant thank Bentley enough btw. Hes been VERY helpful with any questions weve had. H&S motorsports has their stuff together better than any other manufacturer in the diesel performance biz.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What about those of us with the dual alternators?

If my truck ever gets this far I will just switch to a large single alternator, although I am not really sure what that all involves. If it is as simple as an alternator and belt or if it will take new brackets as well

Thanks for posting picks of the instal OP cant wait to hear dyno results

webb06

Reaction score
Got some dual fueler kits in stock, and low and behold one had a blue pulley! Thought it was the perfect opportunity to try one out on my daily.

Install is very doable for a guy that likes to wrench on the weekends. It took us about 7 hours but we essentially did it twice. We removed the fan hub to clearance the old idler pulley mount to make the necessary room for the cp3 pulley, as opposed to doing so on the truck. One thing you want to make sure you do is NOT leave the fan harness behind the fan hub, forget about it, and put the entire truck back together before realizing your mistake! That being said, i beleive a typical install will take around 4-5 hours taking ones time. The kit fits well. The pulleys are close but as long as you are thinking ahead and position the pump correctly before you tighten the bolts you will be fine. The quality of the supplied harness, bracket, and fittings are awesome. It makes for a very clean install.

As far as performance goes, the truck has definately gained power. You can tell that the turbo is the limiting factor now. When running upwards of 1600us or so on duration the turbo never cleans the smoke, especially as the rpms climb. I plan to get it on the dyno this week and do some tweaking and get some solid numbers, but sotp meter says 500-510. Last time the truck was dynoed with canned h&s tunes and 5 inch exhaust and intake, it did 465. Ill update everyone with the numbers when i get them.

Here are some pictures for anyone who is curious. Once you get everything back together, its very stealthy. you have to look under the intake to even see the pump. i plan on changing the fuel feed and return lines to the cp3 to braided stainless and run them under the cowl to clean things up. Ill also try to get some pictures of the fuel filter kit w/ the billet filter head. They left an extra feed port on the back of the head which looks like a great place for a fuel pressure guage or possibly feed another filter. You can tell the entire kit had a lot of thought and design put into it and another nice thing is in the future if anyone needs anymore fuel, the cp3 can be modified by your choice of cp3 vendor. For anyone curious, it uses a 6.7 cummins cp3.

photo51.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo28.jpg

Last picture...what's the white air duct for?

Chris

Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures of the fuel filter/head setup and from the driver side.

photo81.jpg

photo71.jpg

in this one you can see how the return integrates. The factory return is unhooked at the quick connect and connected to the "t" supplied in the kit. the top side of the "t" is where the factory return from the motor connects, and the side towards the front of the truck is where the new cp3 return connects.

photo91.jpg

the factory feed and exit from the filter remain the the same locations. the opposite side of the new filter head has 2 ports. the front (towards the front of the truck) is filtered and feeds to the new cp3. the back side is unfiltered (besides the filtration from the frame rail filter) and is an extra port. ill be putting a fuel pressure gauge here.

photo101.jpg

photo61.jpg

MorganY

Reaction score
Yea Chris! It is a very nice kit. Simple as well. H&S also made the filter head expandable for additional volume :thumbup:

Edit: Oops, saw you mention it already.

Last edited: