H&S dual fueler install w/ pics

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
didn't mean to derail the thread by my comment about the II EFR turbo kit.........But with all the fuel, air was going to need to be addressed sometime sooner or later. Only thing I don't like about the 9180, the only way to get an internal wastegate is to run a T3 turbo flange. We all know these larger displaced diesels need the T4 to keep drive pressure and EGTs down. Maybe the wastegate with proper tuning will allow the T3 to function, but I think we can get more out of the turbo running the T4 flange.

My drive is 40 boost 28
Not terrible

I have some videos if I can post them

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Any of you all have a good link to read up on turbos? All these numbers you guys are spitting out sound like a different language to me. I would be nice to learn up a little on them and what makes one more desirable than another for a given setup.

Go to turbos by garrett they have good info on maps etc
Turbonetics is also detailed info

highdrum

Reaction score
My drive is 40 boost 28
Not terrible

I have some videos if I can post them

Are you running a box stock S363 T3 flange air werks unit? Or S366? The EFR 9180 pushes more lb/min than a S471. If they spool well I wouldn't mind trying one out, T3 gated or T4 non-gated is the question.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you running a box stock S363 T3 flange air werks unit? Or S366? The EFR 9180 pushes more lb/min than a S471. If they spool well I wouldn't mind trying one out, T3 gated or T4 non-gated is the question.

yeah id rock the big EFR in a heart beat if i knew the secret to keeping them alive !

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

It spools great.
Once I fix the ic and spun off water pump tomorrow I will hook to a big load and test it out.
I was turning 4500 rpm spinning it 125k at least 1850 egt. Etc.
I was just abusing it terrible. It was the .83 gated.
Gate opens at 26 psi
I think the t4 exhaust flow would help.

So much to test yet on these

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online