H&S dual fueler install w/ pics

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is 1600 pulse width a typo, or is that the actual pulse width you are running Chris?

Chris

Reaction score
Yes sir that extra port was a good idea. Could do a fuelab or fass setup or a DIY type with its on regulator plumbed in to that side. That way if it ever failed you wouldn't be dead in the water. That's how we've done the 6.4s with dual pumps too and it's a good piece of mind still having the stock lpfp on the truck.

Chris

Reaction score
Is 1600 pulse width a typo, or is that the actual pulse width you are running Chris?

Right now I'm running bentlys calibration for the dual pumps and stock turbo which runs between 1350 and 1750us depending what level it's on. The most I've seen on the street in short bursts is 1600-1650.

Im hoping in the next few days ill have time to get it on the dyno. Ill log it with the Ids and get some charts for y'all to compare. Well see where it stops gaining power and temps and drive go thru the roof.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
looks like a really well thought out kit! With a black anodized pulley, it would pass for OEM to the casual observer

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For some reason the word gt40r keeps popping in my head. I'd just like a nice 600 hp on fuel that spools and can tow.

I'm gonna try a 363 , 366 , and a precision pt67 bb ... Bentley made 620 with a 66 and stock block, still running strong...

Chris

Reaction score
I'd imagine a 66/74 could go upwards of 700 ESP if its something custom from ED or the like. I wonder how that 66 spools.

JDub

Reaction score
you are aware of the EFR egt problems ? im ahuge fan of the EFR , but that scares me.

If I remember correctly, the Industrial kit uses the 8374 EFR, which is a 62/65, which probably spools great but I'd bet is way to small. The 9180 should work pretty well on a 6.7L, it's a 67/73. EGT's in my Dmax with the 9180 at 550hp stop dead at 1400-degrees. It's the rotor speed you have to watch, the Gamma-Ti turbine wheel doesn't like to see much RPM

66 and stock block, still running strong...

I don't think Bentleys Pius turbo is quite that big, but yes, that thing ripped on the street.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Industrial kit uses the 8374 EFR, which is a 62/65, which probably spools great but I'd bet is way to small. The 9180 should work pretty well on a 6.7L, it's a 67/73. EGT's in my Dmax with the 9180 at 550hp stop dead at 1400-degrees. It's the rotor speed you have to watch, the Gamma-Ti turbine wheel doesn't like to see much RPM

I don't think Bentleys Pius turbo is quite that big, but yes, that thing ripped on the street.

Yeah he actually doesn't know what size it is, but I figured its 65-66mm.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Right now I'm running bentlys calibration for the dual pumps and stock turbo which runs between 1350 and 1750us depending what level it's on. The most I've seen on the street in short bursts is 1600-1650.

Im hoping in the next few days ill have time to get it on the dyno. Ill log it with the Ids and get some charts for y'all to compare. Well see where it stops gaining power and temps and drive go thru the roof.

On a custom ytune I am at 1200 and the s363 or 366 burns very clean.
I can only imagine what a 1600 pulse tune would do.......
your poor stock turbo :)

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
you are aware of the EFR egt problems ? im ahuge fan of the EFR , but that scares me.

I have been running 1850 egt through my 9180 efr all week.
Seems ok for now.
Dual fueled dmax

Wait sorry this was a dual fuel thread......how did we get on turbo's?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have been running 1850 egt through my 9180 efr all week.
Seems ok for now.
Dual fueled dmax

Wait sorry this was a dual fuel thread......how did we get on turbo's?

I'd address the EGT issue, thats pretty hot. If its a Dmax might want to look into a set of manis and up pipes, and upgraded intercooling.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Any of you all have a good link to read up on turbos? All these numbers you guys are spitting out sound like a different language to me. I would be nice to learn up a little on them and what makes one more desirable than another for a given setup.

highdrum

Reaction score
didn't mean to derail the thread by my comment about the II EFR turbo kit.........But with all the fuel, air was going to need to be addressed sometime sooner or later. Only thing I don't like about the 9180, the only way to get an internal wastegate is to run a T3 turbo flange. We all know these larger displaced diesels need the T4 to keep drive pressure and EGTs down. Maybe the wastegate with proper tuning will allow the T3 to function, but I think we can get more out of the turbo running the T4 flange.

Last edited:

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'd address the EGT issue, thats pretty hot. If its a Dmax might want to look into a set of manis and up pipes, and upgraded intercooling.

Blew the ic so I have a tech replacing it tomorrow
The manny and uppipe are stk so you got that right
The t3 pedestal is pretty tight though I didn't want to expand and then recompress
I have a nitrous shot I could throw on that may cool it.
I have 4 efr catridges so blowing them up is sort of the point.
I am not going to be ignorant but normal stuff.

I have made 550 on one on a 6.7 single pump.
I will dual fuel it tomorrow as well.

The manifolds are a different story. Heads been used and abused all holes helicoiled some drilled deep into water jacket. Changing headers is surgery :)

Latest posts

Members online