Have a bad Air dog or Fass...need a pump?.....we have the solution for you!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I will be getting one of these as well! Thanks for putting these together Morgan! We need a reliable fuel system for our DD's.:thumbup:

Jgon08

Reaction score
Yeah I will be able to give you guys a list of parts and diagram for fuel lines if you want to do it your self. And I will have a lines kit ready soon for the ones who don't want to do it themselves.

Let me know when everything is ready I think I need one.

Reaction score
Here some installed pics. This one had to be mounted where it is because of the Titan tank in the truck.

aqe2aveb.jpg

y9ahezyp.jpg

a5e8aru4.jpg

neverkickn

Reaction score
The problem they have with the 7.3/6.0 is fuel pressure. They only rate these pumps up to 40 psi. They are trying to do something for that. Hopefully soon.

Wouldn't matter if you where just using it for a lift pump and filtration/air removal.

Charles

Reaction score
I don't see why they are only rating them to 40psi. They are still brushless motors I take it?

My old Fuelab pump has been humming along since pretty well the second they offered a pump. It even ran ~110psi for a YEAR or two when my fuel gauge sender was bad and reading low.

Near as I can tell, no ***s were given. Still sounds exactly the same. I don't even run it in low speed mode anymore. Just sings full rpm all the time. I may quit tomorrow and it would still have outlasted every other pump by a factor of 10 easy.

So I don't know why they would limit them to 40lbs. Fwiw, this one has been running 65psi to 100+ for years. Pretty well since these people started.

Reaction score
Yeah the pump is still the inline brushless motor. I don't think that they have changed it any. It is still even two speed. And you can literally just unscrew it and screw a new pump right onto the filter base. Just a round in line pump.

Charles

Reaction score
Yeah the pump is still the inline brushless motor. I don't think that they have changed it any. It is still even two speed. And you can literally just unscrew it and screw a new pump right onto the filter base. Just a round in line pump.

Well they must be aware of some kind of failure modes that I'm ignorant to if they are limiting the unit to 40psi.

Charles

Reaction score
Prolly have all the same problems the others have had.

The other units brushed motors fail. The fuelab has no brushes or commutators to fail with increased load. Hence the fact that I used to go through a sunami (IIRC) or an A-1000 every 6 months to a year and the fuelab has been on the truck for like 7 thus far. I killed 4 high dollar brushed pumps running a constant 65psi before the fuelab went on so many years ago.

Last edited:

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
We have pumps that will do well over 50-60psi and flow much more than what 99% of the trucks out there require. Making a pump that will support that kind of pressure is no problem- high pressure is most of what we sell in the gas world. The pumps we build for the Velocity systems are meant to be low pressure units though. We have not done any testing yet using one of the several high pressure pump options we have with the Velocity manifold. The passages inside the manifold were not designed with high pressure in mind. It may work and it may not. It's certainly on our to-do list, but like I said- we have not done any testing.

Charles

Reaction score
We have pumps that will do well over 50-60psi and flow much more than what 99% of the trucks out there require. Making a pump that will support that kind of pressure is no problem- high pressure is most of what we sell in the gas world. The pumps we build for the Velocity systems are meant to be low pressure units though. We have not done any testing yet using one of the several high pressure pump options we have with the Velocity manifold. The passages inside the manifold were not designed with high pressure in mind. It may work and it may not. It's certainly on our to-do list, but like I said- we have not done any testing.

I literally ran my 14 whatever pump for at least a year at 100 to 110 or so psi and no ***s were given. If it cared, it did an excellent job at disguising it after years of time on the truck before, and now after.

Fear not. If you still make them like that for the diesel applications, they will not care.

As for the manifold, what, like wall ruptures or o-ring sealing or what?

Unless there are paper thin port walls the block-o-aluminum should be okay too, lol.

Or do you have a filter element over-pressurization issue? Is the filtration post-pump? I could see that putting the brakes on quick.

Btw, thanks for the pump. Ended my biannual pump swap routine cold. Rob's the man. I still have like 3 smoked brushed pumps that I labeled intending to send to you guys for autopsy, but for some reason I still have them. I ran across them just a week or so ago looking for a pump to empty a fishing boat's tanks.

Last edited:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Midwest Diesel is proud to present a new fuel filtration/pumping solution for the diesel industry! Fuel lab velocity pumps are here! We have the new velocity 100 and 200 gph all in one from fuel lab. These are low pressure pump setups for commonrail trucks. They are rated to 20 psi. The pump utilizes proven fuel lab pumps with a de-aeration system, fuel water filtration and regulator built in.

The the pricing goes: $840 for the 200 gph and $660 for the 100 gph.

a6ytyta6.jpg

bujy6yda.jpg

eryvupu3.jpg

would be nice if they spec that out for a heui.

i seen these last year at numidia dragway.

Latest posts

Members online