Have a bad Air dog or Fass...need a pump?.....we have the solution for you!

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
I literally ran my 14 whatever pump for at least a year at 100 to 110 or so psi and no ***s were given. If it cared, it did an excellent job at disguising it after years of time on the truck before, and now after.

Fear not. If you still make them like that for the diesel applications, they will not care.

As for the manifold, what, like wall ruptures or o-ring sealing or what?

Unless there are paper thin port walls the block-o-aluminum should be okay too, lol.

Or do you have a filter element over-pressurization issue? Is the filtration post-pump? I could see that putting the brakes on quick.

Btw, thanks for the pump. Ended my biannual pump swap routine cold. Rob's the man. I still have like 3 smoked brushed pumps that I labeled intending to send to you guys for autopsy, but for some reason I still have them. I ran across them just a week or so ago looking for a pump to empty a fishing boat's tanks.

The rotors/housings in those pumps were not built for that- they are just not optimized for that pressure level. An example being an old Holley blue pump. It was meant to be used for a carb, not FI. It might be able to create FI pressure, but that's not what it was meant to do. You would notice better performance if you purchased a pump for an injected application. The rotors and housings are different in each of our pump models, depending on the application. There are also different motors that we use, depending on the application. Like I said- we have pumps that are marketed to the fuel injected and boosted crowd which could see upwards of 100psi of fuel pressure.

We aren't really concerned with manifold failure. What I meant was that the passages inside the manifold and separator were sized/routed with low pressure in mind. A plumbing example being- a low pressure system wouldn't really mind a 90* drilled fitting. However, that's not really what you would want for high pressure. It would add a lot of head pressure and heat, and possibly impede the flow.

Again, it may work or it may not. We haven't tested it yet. What we do know is that the current Velocity systems work fantastic at the lower pressure levels that we are advertising them at.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Maybe its just me but why not just use one of your 41401's like i've been using for 30k miles and throw it there? Ill test it out for you. These high pressure units only need to see a MAX 60 psi. It really isnt that hard to do... of course easier said than done.

I just dont see why its so hard to design this kind of thing. In my opinion, Airdog and Fass failed, never will one go on one of my trucks, or anything I get my hands on. I've put together multiple fuel systems built by myself using the 41401 with pre and post pump filtration using -10 supply to the pump via sump and Never had any issues, all with over 20k miles. The volume of the 41401 is PLENTY of fuel for 90% of trucks.

Charles

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but why not just use one of your 41401's like i've been using for 30k miles and throw it there? Ill test it out for you. These high pressure units only need to see a MAX 60 psi. It really isnt that hard to do... of course easier said than done.

I just dont see why its so hard to design this kind of thing. In my opinion, Airdog and Fass failed, never will one go on one of my trucks, or anything I get my hands on. I've put together multiple fuel systems built by myself using the 41401 with pre and post pump filtration using -10 supply to the pump via sump and Never had any issues, all with over 20k miles. The volume of the 41401 is PLENTY of fuel for 90% of trucks.

I tried real hard to convey the same thing. Apparently it's rocket science, lol.

Weird thing is, near as I can tell, the port flows should come DOWN if you increase the regulator pressure, as the pump will move less fuel at a higher pressure, which should make the manifold restriction less...

Blowing up a filter would be my concern. I don't know if they spec'd a high pressure post filter.

To the rest of us, it would seem like they already did the work, but for some reason don't just slap a high pressure pump on and rock out. Maybe a high pressure filter housing to fit their manifold threads can't be sourced or something like that. Who knows. There's either a good reason, or there's not.

Reaction score
4azaquju.jpg

Pics of the fuelab setup on a 6.7.

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
What year truck is that? I assume 2011-2013? We are still in the R&D stage for the Powerstroke- especially the newer ones. However, I thought the 24v 6.7 wanted to see 53psi-73psi. If that's the case, how are you getting that kind of pressure out of that setup?

Reaction score
What year truck is that? I assume 2011-2013? We are still in the R&D stage for the Powerstroke- especially the newer ones. However, I thought the 24v 6.7 wanted to see 53psi-73psi. If that's the case, how are you getting that kind of pressure out of that setup?

It's a 6.7 powerstroke. And they need 120-150 psi. So that's why I'm using it as a pusher for the factory LPFP.

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
It's a 6.7 powerstroke. And they need 120-150 psi. So that's why I'm using it as a pusher for the factory LPFP.

That makes a lot more sense. I just read another thread of yours stating that. When I read this thread, I thought you were using this as a standalone pump for the entire truck. I had no idea how you were getting that kind of pressure out of that truck. Hahahaha

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Holy s***! Thats a lot of pressure for the low side. I didnt know the 6.7 required that much to feed the cp 4.2. Nice job by the way Morgan, looks tits!

01PSD

Reaction score
According to H&S, the LPFP on their 6.7 has only seen a max of ~75 PSI. Anything less than 50 PSI and it will trigger a low fuel pressure sensor and reduce power. Nonetheless, using a setup like this as a pusher for the stocker should work well :D

Reaction score
Yep it's on the website, lists for $1075. Has all the generic lines and fitting to hook it up. May need additional parts to hook it to whatever bowl delete/ fuel system depending on what you have.

Latest posts

Members online