HELP homemade hpop setup problem

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
I found the problem I think. With the t444e resivoir I have it didnt have an oil passage for the oil to flow so the port was blocked off. The build up of pressure in this area blew a hole and the gasket causing it not to build pressure. I think I figured out a way to reroute the oil flow. Should know if it works tomorrow when I get new mounting gaskets

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418950816290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418950816290.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 130

mandkole

Reaction score
I was just surprised you didn't use the res that came on the motor instead. Hopefully, you've gotten it figured out...

m j

Reaction score
I would look at using the early HPOP to match the early rez and just dump the IPR in to the front cover.
but I have never had an early setup to inspect how the check valve IPR works so I am assuming it just dumps to front cover

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Well I got the truck running but now I have a new problem.
With the halidex pump hooked up to the stock pump the truck will not start. The ipr goes to 65% and the icp only builds 200psi. I thought maybe the halidex pump is sucking the resivoir dry so I put and oil pressure guage on the resivoir and got 20 psi while cranking.

Now if I bypass the halidex pump the truck fires right up. I double checked the direction of my check valve. It was correct. The halidex seems to be building pressure. Is there something im missing here?

ghohouston

Reaction score
And is that how everyone else has done this? I'm trying to make sense of why it's not working right. Can you isolate the haldex and check it's pressure? You said something about a check valve, is it there to keep one pump from pulling the oil from another or???

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is the haldex might have blown a shaft seal. When the 2 pumps are hooked together the stock hpop is bypassing oil through the blown haldex seal

m j

Reaction score
also check the pressure relief circuit. the oil is going somewhere, but it does sound like you damaged the haldex when you dead headed the ipr circuit

maybe check that the pumps are spinning and not slipping on the shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.