HELP homemade hpop setup problem

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Im guessing since it builds 20-25 psi in the resivoir while crank ing I need a check valve that opens at a pressure lower then that

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Wouldn't you need one with low pressure like 5psi? That way it will open to feed the haldex? You may be onto something

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Yes it needs to be low pressure, pointing the right way, and made for oil.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Quick update. I bench tested the haldex pump by hooking a hose to the inlet and outlet ports and a bucket of hydro oil. Spun the pump over counter clockwise and it pumped the oil out no problem. So I know the pump plates are reversed correctly. Check the part number on my check valve and crack pressure is 5psi.

Where do I go from here? Ive double checked everything. It all checks good. What am I missing here?

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
What I dont understand is wouldn't the truck start even if the haldex is shot? Thats the whole point of the check valve so the stock hpop doesn't back feed

ghohouston

Reaction score
Got me stumped to be honest. I've never messed with a gen 3 style setup. I am following closely though, very interested to know what you find.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Did you the line off that goes to into the hpop? See how much oil is coming out of the Haldex?

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
No thats my next step. Turn it over on the motor and put a guage on it. I just want to know for sure the rotation was correct

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Well it appears the haldex took a crap. Tore the pump apart. The internal rubber and teflon seals completely disintegrated. Not sure what would cause this

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. I doubt you can just buy new seals for this pump. So looks like ill be buying a new haldex

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So I have one of these HPO reservoirs now... How does one go about getting the gear to mesh with the existing HPOP gear?

I've never been a big oil guy... but for this price??? Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Members online