HELP homemade hpop setup problem

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So I have one of these HPO reservoirs now... How does one go about getting the gear to mesh with the existing HPOP gear?

I've never been a big oil guy... but for this price??? Hummmmmmmmmmmmm
thats my question too. only thing i see bad is that thdy shear the oil quicker.. wish someone would do a write up.. 2 hundy is cheap.. i was thinking way more..

live life full throttle

hucorey

Reaction score
Fyi, all piston pumps are positive displacement. You need to have some type of pressure relief somewhere or they will blow up. Gear pumps are more forgiving, but generally will have less flow at X amount of psi.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I could do a write up, just worried who I am gonna piss off for showing a cheaper version of their product.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
I dont want to piss people off either. I got like 350-400 bucks in my entire setup. I machine the t444e powersteering pump gear to fit the haldex pump myself.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
The haldex pump is easy to get. But if I could just get new seals thats all I need. But I guess 200 for another pump aint to bad

Magnum PD

Reaction score
There needs to be a set screw through the gear to fasten the gear to the pump shaft.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Thats why I couldn't find the seal kits. I guess its concentric pumps instead of haldex now. Seal kit is 60 bucks shipped.

David N

Reaction score
So... Bringing this back up. I did this exact thing last night. Put on my GEN3, first time it fired right up. Almost too easy. When I shut the truck off, it wouldn't start back. Put the factory housing back on and it started right up.

Where is this hole that you drilled for the IPR release?

And you say the pump seals were gone? You changed them out and then it started working fine?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You look through out the thread?

Look on page 2

Last edited:

David N

Reaction score
You look through out the thread?

Look on page 2

Yeah I did.

I think I found my problem. When I "reversed" the rotation of the pump, I think I accidentally reversed one of the blocks inside the pump with the oring that looks like a "3". One was facing one way, and the other was facing the other direction. I'm hoping this was my problem at least. I am going to try it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online