hey guys truck started smoking

TyCorr

Reaction score
The bag the pis injectors come in has a bunch of oil in it. Out of the bag, into the bore.

rsater1

Reaction score
got PIS injectors this morn then 15 min later 4 line fuel feed and then 10 min later tunes came email COREY is good came from Orlando Ohio and where ever power hungry is..got turbo and vc off so first thing tomorrow morn

rsater1

Reaction score
oh and pulled dp off turbo and black tar 1/8 inch thick inside but not in up pipes any ideas .and it looked like the ccv mod hose was collapsed someone said something about it if it was will it stop as soon as I replace and fix ?????? thanks in advance

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
oh and pulled dp off turbo and black tar 1/8 inch thick inside but not in up pipes any ideas .and it looked like the ccv mod hose was collapsed someone said something about it if it was will it stop as soon as I replace and fix ?????? thanks in advance
you would have thunked when it was mentioned before that one would double check and make sure the ccv was done correct... stick the fugger back in the intake and see if the smoke dissappears..

live life full throttle

JMart

Reaction score
you would have thunked when it was mentioned before that one would double check and make sure the ccv was done correct... stick the fugger back in the intake and see if the smoke dissappears..

live life full throttle

Post #3 and #5. He could have solved this the day he posted it up. Why do people ask for help and not listen to a single thing that is told to them?

rsater1

Reaction score
what does the bottom tip oring on injector due .couple looked damage from install the orings where shaved off in spots . and one or two looked like something may have been passing the oring ...!! what does it hold back..?? could this have been the prob ... AND IM SORRY FOR NOT MAYBE LISTEN ..NOT SURE YET thanks !!!!

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
ive been under the vc s more than once put glow plugs /new vc wire harness..so just pullin them out will be new..i think im fine but what is the best way to evac the oil/fuel after reinstall injectors for hydrolock and I DONT WANT TO TURN TRUCK OVER TO EXPELE ALL OVER THE UNDER HOOD OF MY TRUCK ..there has to be a better way thanks In advance
77448dea639776896bceb8340daf36d1.jpg

c7178f930bf563be21c83fd592806fe5.jpg

This is what I use to purge the cylinders. I put together the diy compression tester whip, and added a ball valve and an air coupling. With the piston close to tdc, screw it in the gp hole, cover the injector cup with a rag and blast with air. It will blow out all the oil and fuel. If you pull the rear 2 injectors first, most of the fluids are contained to those cylinders.

rsater1

Reaction score
how long do I nedd to crank before it fires off. RR INJECTORS AND HPX LINE WITH TURBO ... it cranks way to fast ..not normal can't I help it along unplugging a sensor?? ..is it icp ??? and if so.. is it on top of hpop reservoir .. IF NOT WHICH ONE??
PLEASE HELP

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Idk why it would spin faster than normal if you have the injectors back in. The only way your gonna get it to fire is just cranking on it cuz now you have air in the fuel and oil systems and you have to push the air out so the injectors will do their thing. Will prob have to put a battery charger on it unless you have good batteries.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Can't explain the cranking fast, unless you have it hooked up to a battery charger or something like either was sprayed in it.

As for the cranking part, after installing injectors, its normal to have to crank for a few cycles. Crank for 15 seconds, give the starter a rest for 30 seconds in between cranks. Having a battery charger hooked up will save your batteries.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
That's a copper one, it won't be flush, supposed to have a ridge in it. Throw those suckers in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
only way it would spin freely is if that wasn't plugged in.. unless you have zero compression or no fuel or oil moving...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online