How the F*** do you get 180 turn onto the high pressure turbo??

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
What are you trying to do bud? Give me some backround here and maybe someonen will help.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
He is trying to reinstall the aluminum "U" that connects the low pressure turbo to the high pressure turbo if I'm assuming correctly. Last time I did one I used a pry bar off the base of the hydro boost assembly and got it to go in quite easily.

BFT

Reaction score
I don't use lube or boil because it won't dry and could slip. I do use a little windex and do a little tappy tap tap

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Use a rubber mallet and hit the side of the boost tube. It will pop right on. If that doesnt work you will need to get a case of beer

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thankfully that dog woke me up.

yeah when he lifted his leg on ur head. that was a great morning though. we were all so proud, even if you look like the mexican shoe bomber.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
He is trying to reinstall the aluminum "U" that connects the low pressure turbo to the high pressure turbo if I'm assuming correctly. Last time I did one I used a pry bar off the base of the hydro boost assembly and got it to go in quite easily.

Correct! I fought it for 3hrs & finally gave up, I bent the bracket down & out towards the fender by accident taking it off I believe & that's why I'm having such trouble. Tried a mallet, tried a pry bar, pretty bummed. Haven't had the truck on the road in about 4 months. Put a new HPFP & a set of torque tows on, will find a way to get on when I get up.

78f100

Reaction score
I have never removed mine from the cooler either, it usually just slips back on. Did you install new grommets in it?

78f100

Reaction score
I never put the new ones in either, I was just thinking you may have and thats why its so hard. Just keep trying you'll get it, if all else fails get a bigger hammer...LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Oil might actually hurt you because some seals swell with oil. What I would do is clean it in the sink with hot soapy water and then use soap to lube the seals

Latest posts

Members online