How the F*** do you get 180 turn onto the high pressure turbo??

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
The seals are not the reason it won't go on, I can get it w/ the 3 studs on the bracket not lined up. But as soon as I line the 3 studs up w/ the holes it's out of alignment & then won't go on. It's like the turbo is it sitting just a tad high. But they are all the way seated. & up pipes bolted to them.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So the best bet would be to loosen the clamps that hold both turbos down so the atmosphere turbo can move a little bit

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Also, it doesn't slip all the way on the HP turbo, there will be a gap. I can get you a picture for reference if needed.

webb06

Reaction score
Pretty sure you need to loosen these 3 nuts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364685527.251352.jpg
Located right below this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364685585.511604.jpg

It's the brackets that the "u" shaped connection is attached too. Loosen those and it should fall right in to place and relighting those back up

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Got it on w/ a lil re-engineering.... Got it running, have a fuel leak on the HPFP, sounds like an air leak somewhere but can't find it(possibly up-pipes) & after driving & sitting in McDonald's drive thru gave it a Lil rev & white smoke out of the exhaust? FML!! No codes, temps are all in line runs as smooth as can be. EGT's seem to be high when cruising on the highway.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Ahhhh we'll take it all the way back to the beginning... Bought the truck in December 2011, after a few months was driving to lunch @ work & developed a knock, screech all kinds of hell. Pull the oil filter, full of metal! Welp saved up some money bought a new long block. Had injectors checked all shot all new reman injectors also installed. Added EGR delete kit & 4 inch downpipe. Truck had an SCT & exhaust when I bought. Finally got the truck back & running mid summer, got to drive it a few more months & the turbos went out, both completely shot. Parked it, waited till income tax check.

I bought a set of torque-tows & to be safe bought a reman HPFP also, & so here I am. Owned the truck 15 months & have maybe got to enjoy it 6 months :-(

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Also, it doesn't slip all the way on the HP turbo, there will be a gap. I can get you a picture for reference if needed.

How bout that picture? I think this is where the boost is blowing out @ after its starts builing into the high teens low 20"s. I have some oil residue on the high pressure turbo. I just can not get it to slide on on there anymore & do not know why. I'm so sick of this truck!!

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Ya, I'm no where near that & can't figure out anyway to get it up on there more

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
My turbos are seated on the pedestal correctly, I have no oil leaking from the returns. But everything is just completely out of line on that end. I've even got that bracket up a Lil to get some more play & still can't get it up on there!!

webb06

Reaction score
There are more bolts that can be loosened underneath of the "u" shaped piece on the bracket that bolts everything to the valve cover. That might give you a little more give

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
truck 009.jpg
U to high pressure
truck 010.jpg
boost tube to U
truck 011.jpg
Bracket arm that bolts to valve cover, thats bottomed out

I think the turbo needs to come down a hair or over but i have no idea how to make that happen.

Last edited:

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I'd prefer just to set a match to it & let it burn to the ground in all honesty!!

Latest posts

Members online