How To Make 6.4 Theft Proof

cory151

Reaction score
I wanted to start a discussion about different ways guys are making there 08-10 trucks theft proof. It was almost a year ago today that some POS stole my Cummins while I was having dinner in San Diego.

I really wish H&S/ Spartan would have added in the anti theft coded startup like on the old 7.3 Dp Tuner. Im sure Im not the only one who lives close enough to MExico for this to be an issue.

So lets here what your doing hidden kill switches, wheel boots, alarms ( I hate alarms BTW)?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Why couldnt you hook a relay from the seat belt reminder to the starter key. Like some of the early 70's car had. You either had to have the seat belt latched or lift your butt off the seat to start the car.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Thats a bad ass idea tb. I personally go for the best alarm out there. 2 way key fob. Digital display. Security light to let thief's know. Its not always stopping the thief but getting them to move onto the next easier vehicle

Zmann

Reaction score
I drilled the parking brake so I can padlock it after i mash the peddle down (I also rebuilt my parking brakes so they actually work LOL) .
I have a viper two way alarm with starter kill .
and still a flatbed can steal it in seconds ..

I would like to get the newest alarm with smart phone capabilities and tracking

me2

Reaction score
Don't all the 08s have the chipped keys (PATS) such that the engine cannot be started without the key ?

How does one steal an 08 short of towing it away ?

me2

Reaction score
I think 09 they brought in the smart key.

My Job1 08 has it. I got spare keys cut, one without a chip.

On Dodge trucks the SKIM functionality is optional. Its built right into the Cummins ECM. The ECM needs a message from the SKIM module or the engine starts and then shuts off.

Last edited:

me2

Reaction score
#1 rule -- don't broadcast your theft prevention measures on the internet

Don't tell people what is on/in your truck and where you live either. Hide as much as you can, especially if you advertise it for sale.

I'm not criticizing you when I say this, FF.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
****. Take my truck. Its insured for everything. Id be glad to pick up a new truck. Good luck stealing it though. Like above mine is hooked to the train horns. Kick the tire to hard and the horns go off

me2

Reaction score
****. Take my truck. Its insured for everything. Id be glad to pick up a new truck.

My '99 was stolen last fall. It ain't that simple, especially when mods are involved.

I recovered my truck and got a decent insurance settlement because of it. Had it not been recovered, things might have been a lot different.

Snake

Reaction score
****. Take my truck. Its insured for everything. Id be glad to pick up a new truck. Good luck stealing it though. Like above mine is hooked to the train horns. Kick the tire to hard and the horns go off

Cut your air line before kicking the tires and I bet they're pretty quiet. :poke:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
When you insure the expensive mods it is that simple. Cosmetics that is. Not so much motor work

Latest posts

Members online