HP limits on stock internals

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the breaking point on this motor is.. what I really mean is how much do I have left before I window my block? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score
IMO anything after 650 is fair game for a rod failure; it probably would take some more to actually have an exodus of a rod. There are a number of factors that can contribute to higher or lower hp numbers at which point the motors fail.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Most people that ive talked to that have puked a rod are spraying the shiz out of their setup. Doesn't mean that there isn't anyone but I can't think of any that popped with a fuel only powered (650-750) truck

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
he told me around 900 but that was with LOTS of spray. he wasn't spraying at the time it went but he abused that motor. rolled into it and broke the tires loose and over rev'd. bent a couple rods.

Last edited:

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
How often will you be hitting 850 on the street though? Unless you floor it every time a light turns green.

MorganY

Reaction score
How often will you be hitting 850 on the street though? Unless you floor it every time a light turns green.

Its addicting. If I had 850hp available on a built motor, I'd be hitting that multiple times a week.

All it takes is one punch from a light and all that low end torque to send something flying at that power level.

java

Reaction score
If I had 850 horsepower, I'd be having some fun with it. Lol it would probably be at wot a lot.

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
How much does a set of aftermarket rods cost? And you start pushing enough air to make that much power you're gonna need aftermarket valve springs to prevent float correct?

Latest posts

Members online