Idi turbo vs. Psd

6.4stroke

I love my 6.4 and all powerstrokes I just picked up a 7.3 idi the other day I like the idi it's a dinosaur but reminds me how far technology and international has come obviously the idi doesn't compare to my tuned 6.4 I like both trucks except one I'm seeing holes the fenders and one is easier to work on. At least it's international guys

MAC

Reaction score
LOL @ all the butthurt in this thread.

I didn't know you could be insecure about your trucks engine performance!

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Ignorance is trying to sell someone a truck with non working front brakes, and expecting them to drive it 2 hours home.

boom-goes-the-dynamite-bria.jpg

Do I need to say it??

LOL LOL LOL better watch it. He'll start a thread about you, hopefully it will blow up in his face like the first time.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Bunch of ***'n waterheads in here. Arguing about your 400hp 14 and 15 second trucks, how badass your idi is, or how badass a chipped 7.3 with a set of stage 1's is. One guy did a shiiiit ton of fab work himself, that if he had to order those parts from a vendor, would cost 2-3 times what it cost him. So arguments about how cheap he did it are null and void. BUT, it doesnt matter how much hp it makes, you idi nutswingers are bragging about trucks, that at the very newest, are 18 years old. Nobody cares how much hp your clapped out homebuilt tractor makes, nobody cares about a 380whp 15 second truck. That was all great and moderately impressive 15 years ago, now, there are four door family cars that make over 400hp, and run 12's STOCK, and get excellent fuel mileage doing it.

This is what happens I guess, when a bunch of hillbillies with old busted pos' start pulling their cawks out, to see who's is bigger, or who's sister gives the best gum jobs.

Btw- a girdle will NOT keep your block from splitting...it will only keep all the internals inside, so you're just stuck cleaning up all the oil and coolant.

I was trying to make a comparison not brag, act like a badass or any of the above. Trying to give the op what I thought on the subject and show what it took not say this is better or that. I think a good amount of HP from an idi is awesome. Glad someone is pushing them but the outcome just doesn't justify the means.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

usramc

Reaction score
Well I'm the guy who started this thread so I appreciate the explanation of the differences. But all this oh my 6.4 pos with a tuner is so much better. Are we all forgetting that after the problems with the 6.0 and 6.4 that ford and international fell out cause they cost so much just to drive to your local walmart and get smoked by a 16 year old in his beat up 12 valve cummins farm truck on the way. All the while praying it would start when you came back out. My obs (apparently far inferior to all you badass' trucks) is pretty decent, it pulls ok and gets ok fuel mileage and parts are cheap and easy to come by so i like it and its loud cackle. So enjoy your tuned, starts if it feels like it $600.00 truck payment and ill just drive my paid for pos. So at least when that 16 year old in his cummins beats me i can tell myself its paid for and i just like it!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jason

Reaction score
If by smoked, you mean blacked out in a cloud of smoke while in a school zone..I see your point.

As far as getting beat by a 16 year old in a 12valve...there are very few diesels who can play with me on the streets....

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Lets stop the fighting with on the navistar motors and keep on hating the cum-a-part guys with there stacking chips amd smoke switches and tow mirrors flipped out all the time.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Denver

Reaction score
What other than the fuel system is different in an idi turbo and a powerstroke?

The only thing they have in common is the displacement of the engine. 7.3

I was curious cause i saw a write up on putting mechanical injection in a psd that gave unreal power and was wondering why more people didnt juice up the idi turbo trucks.

The PSD's are Direct Injection and the IDI's are Indirect Injection. A PSD converted into a mechanical injection is still a Direct Injection system.

TyCorr

Reaction score
there is 3 6.4's over 700 on fuel.

885, 782, 706......and only 1 over 1,000 on spray....

Shone is over 1k on fuel. Mike D is too. Mal is either there or past it. The II user with trips is @or over 1k.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Lmao at the hp and monthly pament comments.....Get a better job LOL

I just don't understand why anyonegives a flaming gerbil shti!

Hp peak means shti anyway. My 285 hp turd with ad codes and a 38r pulled a 14k lb trailer up a 30° incline in 2we from a stop and then got me home. My boss, in his 400hp duramax had to go 4lo and hold it to the floor to do the same job. How's that duramax better?
I'm more interested in what they can do than what they should be able to.

usramc

Reaction score
I just don't understand why anyonegives a flaming gerbil shti!

Hp peak means shti anyway. My 285 hp turd with ad codes and a 38r pulled a 14k lb trailer up a 30° incline in 2we from a stop and then got me home. My boss, in his 400hp duramax had to go 4lo and hold it to the floor to do the same job. How's that duramax better?
I'm more interested in what they can do than what they should be able to.

Excellent point, hp is only on paper. I was very pleased with mine, i just hauled a corvette 900 miles, then hauled a jeep j20 back. Did great even in the mountains.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Theres more then a couple. Ide say there are dozens of 6.4s over 700 to the rear wheels on fuel.

IDI dude is a tard unless it has to do with an idi. Which nothing anymore does anyway.

NMB2

Reaction score
First thing. Truth is IDI's suck, did suck, and will always suck COMPARED to DI diesel engines. Thats a fact. Regardless its cool to see idi's pushing the limits of what indirect injection is capable of.

Second...im still really confused be the fact that this NMB2 guy thinks theres only 7 or 8 PSD's over 700hp...and only a few 6.4s over 700hp....uhm, newsflash, theres ALOT. LOL :doh: :pointlaugh: :slap: :morons: :eek:wned:

Might want to have these guys edit the list then :D

Here is going to be the dyno list for highes HP fuel only numbers for powerstrokes, i think we will use dyno numbers, and not HP calculators off trap speed. I think we will cut the limit off at 600hp

1.) Mal Burnside (boomersooner) 885hp (6.4)
2.) Craig briggs (Craig@MPD 2005 f250 819
2.) Aaron Rudolph (rudy'sdpfdeletes) 782hp (6.4)
3.) Shawn Ellerton (redneck6.0) 780 (6.0)
4.) Chris Utz (chris@mpd) 738 (6.4)
5.) Mike Ontiveros (blowby) 716.67hp/1272.67tq (7.3)
6.) Josh Davis (bogginf350) 706 (6.4)
7.) Brian Jelich (powersmoker) 704 (7.3)
8.) Mike Dillehay (bigrpowr) 682HP (6.4)
9.) Jim Legg 678 hp 02 (7.3)
10.)Tyler Scheers (canadian radneck) 655 (6.0)
11.) Seth (co04cobra) 645 (7.3)
12.) Charles (chillin) 644.2 (7.3)
13.) Matt (motoxracer42) 638hp (6.0)
14.) Jason (thuglike) 636 hp (7.3)
15.) Dan Schoenfelder (SoGrand) 630 (6.0)
16.) Scott Morris (Smorris) 629 (7.3)
17.) Nate Bergis (06TWO50Diesel) 617.27rwhp

Fact of the matter is, I don't walk around acting like my IDI is the fastest **** on the street like the PSD crowd. 7.3's suck, 6.0s suck, 6.7PSD's suck, and the 6.4 will only cost you a second mortgage.

If you want to go fast, get a d-max or a CTD. Period.

The butthurt that flows out of the powerstroke forums is laughable. When I show up to dyno event's and watch 7.3's and 6.0's struggle to break 400hp, or a 15.0 at the track..... that gets me tight in the pants.

If by smoked, you mean blacked out in a cloud of smoke while in a school zone..I see your point.

As far as getting beat by a 16 year old in a 12valve...there are very few diesels who can play with me on the streets....

Come to Colorado.... I know where there is about 20 diesels that will "play with you" on the street....

NMB2

Reaction score
noticed this one thrown in recently in the end of that thread:

Craig Again 1336 cabelas 6.4 corrected

I love PSD guys running off of corrected numbers. Lets see what the truck made that day, no correction factors.

NMB2

Reaction score
The other thing I find funny is I have not once said anything negative about a 6.4 other than the second mortgage. 6.4's are very easy to make power with.....

I guess 1 out of the 5 "modern" powerstrokes not being a turd is pretty good right? :rollseyes:

Latest posts