installing my injectors....

PSDEng

Reaction score
Put the new injectors in and pull the glow plugs. Take the IDM fuse out so the injectors don't fire and bump it 2-3 times. After that turn it over a couple times to make sure the engine isn't locked, put the glow plugs and fuse back in and start it up, drive it like heck and enjoy your new injectors.

Arisley

Reaction score
If the 42 pin connector is not hooked up, the injectors will not fire (no wire connecting the IDM to the injectors). No need to pull the fuse.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Just putting everything back together now. Dave you guys wrapped the crap out of them lol. Gotta go clock in then get back to working on the truck LOL

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well everything is almost buttoned up. I've only Got to put the chip in then the air box.

I noticed a few issues that would probably explain why the truck was running like crap. The ipr solenoid nut was found in the valley of the motor, and I saw that my drivers side uvch was unplugged partially under the valve cover. So hopefully it'll run like brand new now. If everything goes as planned.

Ah also forgot I need to change the oil. That's about it though. Maybe ill try to finish it up tonight. I'll keep yall updated.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Change the oil after a couple days... get er running all perfect first. Might run bad for a little bit before you get all the air out and get it tuned correctly

average

Reaction score
Mine took a good bit of cranking after putting the new injectors in... almost to the point of needing my battery charger.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Change the oil after a couple days... get er running all perfect first. Might run bad for a little bit before you get all the air out and get it tuned correctly

Ok cool will do, the truck is begging for an oil change though.

Mine took a good bit of cranking after putting the new injectors in... almost to the point of needing my battery charger.
Already have the charger hooked up LOL, going to finish it up and start it tomorrow

Arisley

Reaction score
Take that IPR nut and set a socket inside of it (on the little teeth that make the threads), smack it a little with a hammer, it will straighten the teeth a little and make it stay put better. Be very careful to not over tighten it. I just snug it down with a socket and my fingers, no ratchet.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Don't forget to plug your PCM back in after installing the chip . . . you'll spend 15 minutes going over every single thing to see what you f'ed up.

Not that I did that of course, oh no, never! . . . LOL

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well she runs. Needs an oilchange bad, fuel filters and fuel, but she runs. Still seems to have a miss though, hopefully that's just the bad oil or the air in the lines still. I took her out for a nice run and its not seeming to make over 18 pounds of boost. Maybe my boost gauge is messed up or its just not running right?

There is very minimal smoke thanks to matts tunes. And all my boots are intact so it can't be a boost leak.

But it did crank right up on the first try :D

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well she runs. Needs an oilchange bad, fuel filters and fuel, but she runs. Still seems to have a miss though, hopefully that's just the bad oil or the air in the lines still. I took her out for a nice run and its not seeming to make over 18 pounds of boost. Maybe my boost gauge is messed up or its just not running right?

There is very minimal smoke thanks to matts tunes. And all my boots are intact so it can't be a boost leak.

But it did crank right up on the first try :D

What size injectors are we working with?

Did you hook the map line back up?? Oil temperature sensor still connected? If its wastegated its should scream right to about 27psi id guess.

17 sounds stock, do you still have it tuned?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure gear head wrote me performance tunes. the map line is hooked up, maybe the gauge is messed up somehow. everything is connected to my knowledge

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
also it threw a cel when i was running it around town, i shut the truck down then it went away. went to check it with my dads act and all i saw was intake air heater and the usual p0630 or whatever it is

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure gear head wrote me performance tunes. the map line is hooked up, maybe the gauge is messed up somehow. everything is connected to my knowledge

Well what does it feel like power wise? I mean if your going from stock to something larger than a stage 1 you should feel a fantastic power increase.

Latest posts

Members online