installing my injectors....

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well its hard to say because i still dont know what your running... Not to mention the stock transmission robs a lot of the power, so the wow factor kind of gets taken away

Gearhead

Reaction score
Did you get the air out of the system first? if it still takes a bit to start, there is still air in the system.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
It wasn't a overboost code. Maybe it was a low icp that my scanner didn't pick up, but I don't see how that could've happened with my adrenaline.

The motor starts with zero issues, and it started on the first crank. I'm thinking its just the old dirty oil but I dont see how that would make it run like that. There still has to be air in the system I guess. I might purge the oil rails if I get a chance tomorrow...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
The cel went away after I shut the truck down then went to scan it. It did not go away as I was driving it.

stroker2

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Well im willing to bet theres plenty of air in the system still. I think it can take up to ~60 miles to get it all out. If it has an extended crank at start up then theres still air in the system

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If it is not air in the system, you might unplug the ICP and see if that evens out the idle. If it does not, pull valve covers and unplug one injector at a time... see if you can find one that DOES NOT make the idle worse when you unplug it (do this with engine running).

Id bet its air or IPR related

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to add, as I was leaving the gas station I left the truck on to get fuel, as I was leaving I hit the gas and it didn't really go anywhere.... Not sure if that will help at all or not.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I would bet money that air in the oil rails is not causing the issues you are having. A freaky idle and slow startup, yes but power loss like you are describing, no.

Do you still have white smoke coming out the tailpipe? Are you sure that all the injectors are seated and torqued down right?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
There is no white or blue smoke. Im pretty convinced its just air in the system.

The injectors were all seated correctly and I torqued them down accordingly

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There is no white or blue smoke. Im pretty convinced its just air in the system.

The injectors were all seated correctly and I torqued them down accordingly

air wont cause a power issue though.... and generally once the smoke is gone, the air isnt very noticeable anyway.

Drive it 50 miles and see though. Any way to watch ICP?

neverkickn

Reaction score
^^^whs. With no boost leak and low power like that it sounds like you have a icp issue.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Are you SURE you don't have a boost leak?? Check the manifold boots. They're easy to forget to tighten fully.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
There is no way for me to watch icp, the truck has more balls then it did before the chip, but I guess I expected more?

The chip works and I drive around on the highest setting. I've never ran gearhead tunes so I guess that's some getting used to also. I'm going to change the boost line to the gauge to see if that's part of the issue also because I noticed the line isn't correctly seated to the back of the gauge .

The tunes all work, high idle and up. I can hear the ipr work harder as im changing the tunes like my old dp tuner did years ago.

Latest posts

Members online