installing my injectors....

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
And yes its getting fuel to the bowl as I have 60 psi at idle, but my fuel pump could be weak though with 200k miles on it

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There is no way for me to watch icp, the truck has more balls then it did before the chip, but I guess I expected more?

The chip works and I drive around on the highest setting. I've never ran gearhead tunes so I guess that's some getting used to also. I'm going to change the boost line to the gauge to see if that's part of the issue also because I noticed the line isn't correctly seated to the back of the gauge .

The tunes all work, high idle and up. I can hear the ipr work harder as im changing the tunes like my old dp tuner did years ago.

The IPR is a valve, in essence it should not move much at all going through the tunes. Your ICP doesnt change a whole lot at idle, excpet on special tunes like a high idle.

Going from a 140cc split with no tunes to a 160/30 with tunes, you should notice a decent power increase. But who knows what state your stock transmission is in... you could be losing all the extra power

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm thinking the trans is the main issue. I'll know for sure on Friday after the oil change and I change all the fuel filters

woodduck97

Reaction score
Guys I will say leaky orings will cause this problem new or not something could have happened. I had this happen to me and ICP and IPR readings were all still fine but I had no power. Changed the orings oiled them with STP and extremly cleaned all the injector cups with a q tip and the truck got its full power back plus some. Also I never notice a change with gearheads tunes from each tune. Also you are used the all the fuel at once feeling but you will notice matts tunes pull harder as boost comes in...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Guys I will say leaky orings will cause this problem new or not something could have happened. I had this happen to me and ICP and IPR readings were all still fine but I had no power. Changed the orings oiled them with STP and extremly cleaned all the injector cups with a q tip and the truck got its full power back plus some. Also I never notice a change with gearheads tunes from each tune. Also you are used the all the fuel at once feeling but you will notice matts tunes pull harder as boost comes in...

Yeah definitely true about the boost, if you dont have boost you dont have any extra fuel with his tuning

I suppose the injector O-ring deal could be the issue, though that is not as common as possibly a sticky IPR or a boost leak.
What kind of boost numbers were you seeing with the O-ring issue? Normal or below normal

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score

I did notice that as the rpms Got higher the truck was pulling much harder.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Yeah definitely true about the boost, if you dont have boost you dont have any extra fuel with his tuning

I suppose the injector O-ring deal could be the issue, though that is not as common as possibly a sticky IPR or a boost leak.
What kind of boost numbers were you seeing with the O-ring issue? Normal or below normal

Boost numbers were not much off because of the stock turbo. Put it this way we had two chips one with 7ms of pw and one with 3ms of pw and then you could tell there was a problem...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
On cold startup there was a ton I mean ton of white smoke, at least it looked white in the dark. That can't be good. Now its at idle with a slight haze of smoke

juniort444e

Reaction score
Mine smokes a good bit of white smoke until the motor gets up to a certain temp. I wouldnt worry so much on that myself. How many miles have you put on it bud. My truck started right up today after sitting for roughly 36hours in 15-30 degree temps.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I've put maybe 10-15 miles on it. Now its just at idle with a slight haze, the cold start white smoke show freaked me the *** out LOL

juniort444e

Reaction score
Put some miles on it before you start freaking out. But i also freaked out with only 500 ft on mine haha.

Once you get some miles on it, like everyone is saying 60-100, then i would worry a little about whats going on, if it is still going wrong.

I was freaking out today, because of a jingaling sound coming from the motor. Well it turns out that the trans dip stick was popped out and the metal park of the stick was rattling against the dip stick tube. So try not to sweat things until you get the miles on the new setup. And let me know how matts tunes go for you. I want to get his very soon.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It was also romping, now the idle is much smoother.

Did you put a straight edge over them and make sure they were all seated? If so, did you pull the ICP sensor and fill the rail the best you could?

I would definitely do that, and then take the truck out, and get on the interstate, wait until your TC locks up, and drive with the most throttle you can without downshifting. Do that as long as possible.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Did you put a straight edge over them and make sure they were all seated? If so, did you pull the ICP sensor and fill the rail the best you could?

I would definitely do that, and then take the truck out, and get on the interstate, wait until your TC locks up, and drive with the most throttle you can without downshifting. Do that as long as possible.

Yes I used a straight edge, no I did not pull the icp. I've floored it like that manny times already lol

neverkickn

Reaction score
How many miles do you have on the truck since the swap? Is it still low on power?

It should only haze at idle for the first few miles/heat cycle. If you have a haze at warm idle and you have ten miles or so on it I am gonna bet you have a injector that isn't seated all the way.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
No I have maybe 40 miles on it. The cold start this am it did not smoke at all. I'm positive they are all seated correctly also..

Latest posts

Members online