Is pulling the filter minder shut ok?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Now that I semi have this figured out i'm gonna try to test some more intake systems out and see what I can find. I highly suggest anyone moding out there 6.4 to get this Boost harness from Dustin for the dashdaq. The information it provides is invaluable in setting up and tuning in these different turbo and wastegate setups.

madman1234509

Reaction score
does the harness plug right into one of the ports on the dashdaq?

And btw that filter you posted is a little more of what id expect people with any kind of turbo set up to be running... Hopefully when I do a custom set up, I can make the atmosphere turbo either over a little further towards the fender or angled a little more so the filter and intake tube can almost come straight out.

Last edited:

mike@haller's

Reaction score

And btw that filter you posted is a little more of what id expect people with any kind of turbo set up to be running... Hopefully when I do a custom set up, I can make the atmosphere turbo either over a little further towards the fender or angled a little more so the filter and intake tube can almost come straight out.

The harness does plug right into the dashdaq. We sell the harness for 200. Which is quite a bit cheaper than getting mechanical gauges.
Here is the harness.
uploadfromtaptalk1325117125804.jpg

White_monster

Reaction score
Only issue I see with plugging this harness and Dustin's other harness into the dashdaq is the amount of ports needed. Be great to capture all the data from various locations during the same run for accuracy sake.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

Yeah plugs in and some inputs need to be made about a 30 min install ddepending on what you are doing.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That new bigger filter seems to have taken care of the problem. I was thinking about ordering one in that size range, but then started thinking maybe the battery was blocking air flow. Dustin's harness and Mike's work lets us exactly what was happening with hard data. And it matches my blue paint!

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Only issue I see with plugging this harness and Dustin's other harness into the dashdaq is the amount of ports needed. Be great to capture all the data from various locations during the same run for accuracy sake.

The problem with that is the dashdaq only allows two external inputs at one time. I wanna build a similar harness for the edge cts since it allows 10 external inputs.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is that extra map sensor a map sensor for monitoring boost on the low pressure?

You can use it to.read manifold preassure over 60 psi, low pressure Turbo boost
Turbo inlet pressure

I can also set them up to read temps too

Problem is without an additional module you can only add 2 sensors

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The problem with that is the dashdaq only allows two external inputs at one time. I wanna build a similar harness for the edge cts since it allows 10 external inputs.

What would be awesome is if we could get a tuner to relscale the factory map sensor to except say a 8 bar map sensor to read 100 psi. Eric said it's not that easy to do tho.

The main thing on the air filter restriction would be to make a pull and make sure your good
Tune the gates and then recheck at the end to make sure your still good. And maybe also check.over the service period of the filter to.make sure even dirty it still flows enough air

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
I figure the only dumb question is the one not asked so here it goes. My truck is relatively stock just a Mini Maxx and exhaust and on the wild and hot tunes pulls the filter minder in on any reasonably hard acceleration...is the only way to fix this with an aftermarket intake and a huge filter? My last truck had an S400 and 5" custom intake with a big AFE filter so I never had to worry about this

madman1234509

Reaction score
So I could use the harness to see how much boost each turbo is putting out to tune a waste gate around the high pressure turbo and into the atmosphere? Or no?.. either way it seems like a good tool.

Latest posts

Members online