It Took Me Long Enough...

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah it does suck. And I do see in why your wanting to cut your losses. But if you have other transportation drive it and sell this truck and save up and get somthing in better shape.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Where is it leaking from ... it was fine when you left

If its the oump it has a warranty

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Oh I completely get that. Its just that this thing has given me nothing but ****fits from day 1. Brand new water pump is leaking bad now. More time to pull it and hope that the o ring gasket is shot for some reason. If its the water pump for some odd reason thats another 220 just in parts I realllllly can't spend...

Did you put a couple dabs of RTV in the o-ring groove before you put the o-ring in? Those little things are bastards and love to squirm their way out between the workbench and the truck.

rat49f6

Reaction score
No rtv on the o ring but we did rtv the thermostat outlet because they always leak

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Just went out and looked for ****s and gigs. Didn't leak nearly as much as it did the first time it went bad so I'm thinking for some odd reason the gasket didn't seal properly. Well, hoping it didnt. New one is gonna be here when I get out of work...

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Just went out and looked for ****s and gigs. Didn't leak nearly as much as it did the first time it went bad so I'm thinking for some odd reason the gasket didn't seal properly. Well, hoping it didnt. New one is gonna be here when I get out of work...

Good luck brutha.
The o-rings like to pop out of the groove, especially in the section between the impeller and thermostat. Couple dabs of RTV inside the groove, new gasket and I bet you're golden.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Did you replace the stamped thermostat housing on the top of the pump? You can't reuse the old one. I tried and failed and had a massive leak.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Did you replace the stamped thermostat housing on the top of the pump? You can't reuse the old one. I tried and failed and had a massive leak.

We put in the new gasket, cleaned both surfaces and put rtv on the gasket. Best I can tell, its coming from the bottom of the pump... where I can't see.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Found the problem.
ta6utehu.jpg

Put it all back together, tightening up the bolts and my dumb @ss popped two threads out of the front cover on two different holes. Hoping to get longer screws, cut them down to slightly longer than the normal ones, and re tap the edge of them and hope to god they work... I'm about to kill someone.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
It's a thread repair kit you drill the hole out and then tap it. you then put a insert in that returns it back to stock size. You can get them at napa you just need to know what size you need. You may need to pull the radiator if you don't have a right angle drill.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Zac I have a right Angle drill and torque wrench if you need ... Heli coil isn't bad to do and deed the right way to fix it

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Zac I have a right Angle drill and torque wrench if you need ... Heli coil isn't bad to do and deed the right way to fix it

I might be borrowing the drill then. I don't want to spend another 60 on coolant. You around tomorrow later afternoon?

Latest posts

Members online