It's official

Reaction score
Saturday was driving out to my dads shop to change oil and install a new thermostat.....untill pow and a bunch of white smoke. Here is the after math. Yes not one but both head gaskets are destroyed! All happened at 55psi
91cbb8f7.jpg

In this one you can see where I no longer have a freeze plug as well. Haha!
4f5faf54.jpg

82863857.jpg
4c05fda2.jpg

Looking above cylinder #1 where my push rod should go.
f49e0bf2.jpg

Driver side
4b95411a.jpg

Passenger side
a62a1006.jpg

67fc702c.jpg

Reaction score
Got gaskets, springs are one the way. Getting some quotes on ARP's, heads are going into machine shop this weekend. Block is going in to just to be checked over to be on the safe side and over looked.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I've got my studs, springs, pushrods, an new gaskets sitting on the shelf waiting on me to find the time to put it all together. In the meantime, I keep waiting for this to happen everytime I really get on it. Good luck with getting it back together, hope its not to bad

tmillburg

Reaction score
hey, i dont know if anyone tokd you or maybe you already know buttttt your gaskets are junk

Translated from Morse Code

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
haha

These never get old.... wanna see an even better one?
2012-02-25_12-27-28_791.jpg

Yes we are going 45mph and no the truck we are riding in is not running, and yes the gaskets failed about 15 minutes before this :)

flippincgfighter

Reaction score
That dodge is lifted too high.....haha

Wow you really blew it. Way to go Kurtis!

Tell Derek to keep his fingers off the pistons before you take pictures.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Saturday was driving out to my dads shop to change oil and install a new thermostat.....untill pow and a bunch of white smoke. Here is the after math. Yes not one but both head gaskets are destroyed! All happened at 55psi

Let me get this straight..... you were going to install a new thermostat - so you knew something was wrong with your current thermostat..... and you still thought that 55psi while just driving out the the shop was a good idea on a truck with a bad thermostat AND no head studs?

Amazing.

Reaction score
Let me get this straight..... you were going to install a new thermostat - so you knew something was wrong with your current thermostat..... and you still thought that 55psi while just driving out the the shop was a good idea on a truck with a bad thermostat AND no head studs?

Amazing.

Live and learn

TurboM700

Reaction score

Amazing.

Was thinking the same thing. Some times your cant fix stupid.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with being stupid, he was fully aware that the possibility of blowing a head gasket. When the time came he would pull it and stud it, fix oil leaks, and deal with some exhaust leak issues.

I believe calling it stupid is a little harsh....

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
No, Im with HRT.

55psi and no studs ?

What mods do you have to hit 55psi ? I thought that was a typo for 5psi.

If you cranking that much boost in her with no studs what did you expect.

smokedout250

Reaction score
He knew it was gonna happen! It was his choice! You may think its stupid but it all comes down to what he thinks and what he chooses to do. He is taking the proper steps to fix the issues now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
No, Im with HRT.

55psi and no studs ?

What mods do you have to hit 55psi ? I thought that was a typo for 5psi.

If you cranking that much boost in her with no studs what did you expect.

I think he meant 45psi... Its a stock turbo still.

Just pushing the limits of things and then upgrading them. If he was afraid to break something he would of studded it in the truck. Instead we pulled the motor and are doing springs/studs/up-pipes/fixing oil leaks.

In no way was anyone surprised or upset that it happened, it was actually fun :pint:

Latest posts

Members online