Jr. Highpower Atmo turbo?

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
is anyone running elites drop in Jr Highpower Atmosphere Turbo with the stock vgt? how decent would this set up be on stock fuel? what kind of boost is seen? also how would the power compare to elites 72mm atmo turbo?

jugger13

Reaction score
Im looking at it also.
I've got the 72/59 on stock fuel and wondering how it would do replacing the 72.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This must be thier 76mm in a stock housing?

Probably going to trade off some reliablity with it since the wheel is so big, but if you are good about not barking the turbo all the time you should be fine.

JDs truck really impressed me 108mph in the 1/4 at 6000 feet for no more than whats done to his truck is really impressive

blk350on20s

Reaction score
This is a good question. I'd like to hear what people know/think about the 76 being used with a stock vgt. It would be a nice upgrade to have and then later get to the vgt. Would you be fighting the vgt too much to gain power?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This is a good question. I'd like to hear what people know/think about the 76 being used with a stock vgt. It would be a nice upgrade to have and then later get to the vgt. Would you be fighting the vgt too much to gain power?

Your going to give up a little hp my guess is about 50 maybe more. Is the vgt worth upgrading. .. probably but bang for the buck you are cheaper just doing the 76

I wanna say jd has a stock vgt but I might be wrong

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Your going to give up a little hp my guess is about 50 maybe more. Is the vgt worth upgrading. .. probably but bang for the buck you are cheaper just doing the 76

I wanna say jd has a stock vgt but I might be wrong

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. That much. I'm at 730 now with the 71 with plenty of fuel left. I want 800 fuel. Is that feesible with just an atmo upgrade? I really need the vgt but its so hard to spend that amount of money and not gain anything until the bigger atmo goes on.

MINK

Reaction score
Wow. That much. I'm at 730 now with the 71 with plenty of fuel left. I want 800 fuel. Is that feesible with just an atmo upgrade? I really need the vgt but its so hard to spend that amount of money and not gain anything until the bigger atmo goes on.

Shut up, you're putting a single on.

I agree with Dustin though, I'd love to see what JDs truck does at sea level.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Last I talked to jd he was loving the atmo, but he does have fuelers. Probably aiding in spool up. I'm wanting to run this on stock fuel, but need to do 700 on fuel so the vgt might be necessary

3brorce

Reaction score
Not elite but as many of you may have seen RCD went 7.60-7.70s with 72/74 and swapped to a 75/77 and went 7.45@92.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Just saw this.

Mink - Dick LOL

I do have a stock VGT on my truck, and I believe that is starting to effect power gained from the 76. I should know more about that soon. As for the 76 though - It's awesome. Doesn't seem to spool any slower than my 72 did, and back to back it did make more power and dropped temps a bit more.

It pulls MUCH harder up top than the 72 though. I am running dual pumps, but I'm also running little 15% nozzles and a fairly conservative tune. It is a touch louder than the 72, and has a bit more of the precision turbo whine which is sweet.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Last I talked to jd he was loving the atmo, but he does have fuelers. Probably aiding in spool up. I'm wanting to run this on stock fuel, but need to do 700 on fuel so the vgt might be necessary

VGT would help for sure. Track times say I'm making a little north of 700 on fuel. And oddly enough I have a dyno sheet that almost exactly matches the calculator... for whatever that's worth.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.