light bar in bumper

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Im interested in a curved bar more now that I won't have to cut. Josh I guess we will have to package that and that CTS we discussed a while back lol I still haven't been able to make a move on that either my job has me working to death so I put it all on the back burner but haven't forgotten!

Lets make it happen buddy!

T korkle

Reaction score
Cheap curved bad with kd brackets. Do it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269

T korkle

Reaction score
Lol If you click on it I think it flips it back right. Idk why my phone does that!

DTL

Reaction score
Ebay $99 24" bar fits perfectly between the tow hooks. A piece of aluminum angle, mounted to the bumper bracket above and it's a pretty easy install. I've been beating this one down for over a year, and it's still going strong.

Light%20bar%202_zpsfafaalvj.png

Light%20bar%201_zpsvayyfoac.png

vrog

Reaction score
40" curved rigid with the KD brackets also

86a74544f9bfed3088f270474574e1fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep trying to resist this. We have a stupid front plate law here but Im so tempted to just put the 40" curved on and leave the plate in the truck. If I get pulled over just be like " I'm waiting for a custom bracket to come in for the plate"

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I keep trying to resist this. We have a stupid front plate law here but Im so tempted to just put the 40" curved on and leave the plate in the truck. If I get pulled over just be like " I'm waiting for a custom bracket to come in for the plate"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425656438.956040.jpg Texas has front plate law. I got pulled over when it was in my windshield. So I put it on the air dam! Problem solved lol

DTL

Reaction score
Replied!

I love the look of the big, curved bars, but I don't think one would survive with the way I use my truck! The recessed mount on my 24" bar still emits a ton of light and protects it from all the things that try to attack it on the farm!

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Did you just screw it into the air damn, or did you make some sort of bracket? I put a 20" on mine and need to figure out a place for plate.

I was worried that if I just screw it in that they would come loose. So I went extra ghetto fab for the time being and drilled 4 tiny holes into it and put some wire through it and tied it off. It doesn't move, and doesn't look bad at all.

T korkle

Reaction score
Replied!

I love the look of the big, curved bars, but I don't think one would survive with the way I use my truck! The recessed mount on my 24" bar still emits a ton of light and protects it from all the things that try to attack it on the farm!

Not sure how you use your truck but I farm and I'm HARD on mine. Most of my trucks lifes Are on washboard gravel and dirt roads 40-50 mph. Not to mention what happens to them when it snows like it has recently and the coyotes are out and about! I Was worried about the knock off curved 40 I put on because of the small bolt on each end. It hasn't moved what so ever and has passed the test! My 20 I had in bumper never budged either and it stayed on for quite a few months. I think they would be fine on any truck. They will deff take some punishment

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I guess that could be an option, just looks kind of lost down there. But hey, we don't have many options now do we. Thanks

Oh it definitely does, but I had it zip tied to my grill before and I thought that looked worse than it does now, and since I got a warning for it up in my windshield just a couple weeks after I installed the bar, I'm low on options. Lol

DTL

Reaction score
Not sure how you use your truck but I farm and I'm HARD on mine. Most of my trucks lifes Are on washboard gravel and dirt roads 40-50 mph. Not to mention what happens to them when it snows like it has recently and the coyotes are out and about! I Was worried about the knock off curved 40 I put on because of the small bolt on each end. It hasn't moved what so ever and has passed the test! My 20 I had in bumper never budged either and it stayed on for quite a few months. I think they would be fine on any truck. They will deff take some punishment

The bumps and bouncing aren't the problem. It's the tree branches and crap on the ground in the orchards. With the bar recessed like mine, most of the crap hits the bumper and deflects before it gets to the bar.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
image-6.jpg

I used the license plate bracket, and dremeled some of the plastic out from behind the plate bracket. I Used four bolts, washers, & nuts to fasten plate bracket right through air dam.

Rock solid. Now that it has warmed up here I'm going to install the light bar.

Members online

No members online now.