Looking at some 2012's

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Been looking at a few last couple days and was curious what the main difference is between the basic 4x4 package and FX4 package.

Salesmen was saying shocks, skid plates, and bed decals was pretty much it. Sound right?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah! Thats it. The fx4 displaced the 4x4offroad.

What kinda numbers are you finding? I was trying to pick up a new 2011 KR that they reduced for a sale price. IT sold when they marked it down. I then put an offer in on a 2012 Lariat ultimate. They were listing it at 53 or 55...I offered them 45k in cash and they thought about it for three days before saying no. You seen any numbers? Higher/Lower? I was thinking about throwing in some of my extra cars around the house to sweeten the deal.

I really dont wanna pay anymore than what I stated up there as my 2012 dmax was 42 for a lt2 cc/lb. Cash price.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The fx4 is available only on f250's

hill descent on srw(it only comes on 250's anyway, wtf?),transfer case/fuel tank skid plates, Rancho shocks, fx4 stickers. Requires 4x4 and e-locking rear axle.

Fords website is confusing! The f250 has the option for the fx4. It says its available for the f250 only. Yet when you get into it there are special exceptions for the drw trucks. Those are obviously f350's. When you go through the build process for the f350 srw there is no provision for the fx4 package.

I dont know :shrug:

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Your lt2 Chevy isn't anywhere near the truck that the lariat ultimate world be. Lariat ultimate could only be compared to an Ltz

Roger that, but we're talking 42 for the lt compared to 55 for the lariat. I have a lariat so I know what it entails even though mine is old. Hell my 2000 cost more than the 2012 chevy did!! ha ha...Another thing to note, my chevy was 52 before they started applying rebates and figuring out there was no loan involved. We ordered it too. I was just saying Id pay another three or four grand for the lariat. If thats not enough, so be it. I wont buy one!!

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Im not real sure but I think that may be right.

Have you tried to build one on the ford site and see what it says?

I did but my computer wont load the page for some reason.

Yeah! Thats it. The fx4 displaced the 4x4offroad.

What kinda numbers are you finding? I was trying to pick up a new 2011 KR that they reduced for a sale price. IT sold when they marked it down. I then put an offer in on a 2012 Lariat ultimate. They were listing it at 53 or 55...I offered them 45k in cash and they thought about it for three days before saying no. You seen any numbers? Higher/Lower? I was thinking about throwing in some of my extra cars around the house to sweeten the deal.

I really dont wanna pay anymore than what I stated up there as my 2012 dmax was 42 for a lt2 cc/lb. Cash price.

Yeah I got the dealer down to $48k on a 12 FX4 Lariat ultimate. After that they wouldn't budge so I walked assuming I could find a better deal somewhere.

hill descent on srw(it only comes on 250's anyway, wtf?),transfer case/fuel tank skid plates, Rancho shocks, fx4 stickers. Requires 4x4 and e-locking rear axle.

Thanks for the info. I have pretty much been seeing the FX4's for about $2k higher then the regular 4x4's. I live in Texas so there's not much need for hill descent. The skid plates, shocks and stickers would all pretty much be coming off and E-locker replaced with a Trutrac. So I think its safe to say that package does me no good.

These are the two I'm looking at:

12 Tux black

12 Ingot Silver

Gonna see if I can finalize something tomorrow.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I did but my computer wont load the page for some reason.

Yeah I got the dealer down to $48k on a 12 FX4 Lariat ultimate. After that they wouldn't budge so I walked assuming I could find a better deal somewhere.

Thanks for the info. I have pretty much been seeing the FX4's for about $2k higher then the regular 4x4's. I live in Texas so there's not much need for hill descent. The skid plates, shocks and stickers would all pretty much be coming off and E-locker replaced with a Trutrac. So I think its safe to say that package does me no good.

These are the two I'm looking at:

12 Tux black

12 Ingot Silver

Gonna see if I can finalize something tomorrow.

The fx4 carries 1800 dollar price tag...you're real damn close there.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I think I can get them down further on those two I posted. They went down $12k on a FX4, down $10k on the 4x4 models. I dont see why $2-3k more on the regular 4x4's would be difficult. If I can get into one for $46k I'll do it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh hell. I could get them down to 42 on a regular lariat. The lariat ultimate, I dont think so. Its a 3k dollar upcharge from the regular lariat. That why I chose 45 for my lariat ultimate cash price.

I just built a f350 cc/lb lariat and it was 60k! Right on the nose. No pennies even. 60 ***kin flat. The 250-350 is only $200 apart from the start but somehow I end up 3grand away when its all done, choosing the same options. Must be more cost somewhere Im not catching. If I lifted as I typically do, I wouldnt be anything ahead to buy a 350. They do have a nifty 10k lb GVWR package for the 3/4 tons. Nice trucks.

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
I dont have the fx4 and I do have the elocker, I havnt used it but I have it. I have the lariat ultimate package and LOVE the truck.

09stroker

Reaction score

Fords website is confusing! The f250 has the option for the fx4. It says its available for the f250 only. Yet when you get into it there are special exceptions for the drw trucks. Those are obviously f350's. When you go through the build process for the f350 srw there is no provision for the fx4 package.

I dont know :shrug:

My dads truck is a 350 lariat and it is an FX4.....

TripleE44

Reaction score
Have you eve had your 2009 for a year yet?? And please tell me you are re-using your suspension if you get a 2012.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.