Looking at some 2012's

TyCorr

Reaction score
My dads truck is a 350 lariat and it is an FX4.....

Is it a 2012?

I specifically read on fords website not once but twice last night. When you go into the build section you will pick your cab then your bed. Then motor and trans(if applicable). Then you pick some exterior bs. Then you go to 'packages'. In the f250 menu it says the fx4 is exclusive to the f250, however it also tells you what you have to buy prior to being able to fit the fx4 package to a DRW f350(3.73 LS rear end and 4x4).

I dont know whether the fx4 is available on SRW 1 tons or not? :shrug: If your dads SRW 350 has skidplates, Rancho shocks, hill descent button, and an E-locker then it does have it.

My last input, I am only reporting what I found on Fords website, as I thought it was odd.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Why would someone remove an e locker for a trutrac?

Honestly I dont know much about the e-locker, I was just saying the FX4 package doesn't do much for me. If its a good strong option then I'd keep it, if not I'd change it. Besides it was my understanding that if I regeared the truck for 40's it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Picked it up today.

2012 F250 Lariat Ultimate FX4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 96
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 91

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
The fx4 is available only on f250's

hill descent on srw(it only comes on 250's anyway, wtf?),transfer case/fuel tank skid plates, Rancho shocks, fx4 stickers. Requires 4x4 and e-locking rear axle.

Fords website is confusing! The f250 has the option for the fx4. It says its available for the f250 only. Yet when you get into it there are special exceptions for the drw trucks. Those are obviously f350's. When you go through the build process for the f350 srw there is no provision for the fx4 package.

I dont know :shrug:

My 2011 f350 king ranch has hill decent, e locker, and fx4 package and mines a srw

Steamfighter

Reaction score
How did you do $ wise. I am sitting on a deal on a 12 F350 cc/lb, 4x4,srw, Lariat ultimate with all the goods and 5th wheel hitch, cable lock, bed extender, etc,etc. stickered at $ 65xxx.xx for $54500.00 (not including taxes,fees, etc) Holding out because they came back low on my trade. Salesman calls once a day. (he is even looking for a private sale for me if need be!!)

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I paid $48.1k for mine. I think sticker was $60k. I'll have to look. They told me in the end they lost money on it, but did that to move a unit. Which they received money back from ford for moving a certain amount so they would recover the loss there.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So I guess project overkill purchase didn't happen? Just saw this thread, was waiting to hear the news that you got Marty Garza"s truck. Good choice not going with silver, never been a fan of that color.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
So I guess project overkill purchase didn't happen? Just saw this thread, was waiting to hear the news that you got Marty Garza"s truck. Good choice not going with silver, never been a fan of that color.

Yeah, I decided to go a different route. Marty's truck is awesome and absolutely beautiful. Perfect truck for someone wanting a turn key OUO truck with many custom touches. Definitely well worth the money!

After thinking about it and weighing my options I decided to go with a new one. Warranty, newest body, engine, trans and some new features. Plus when I'm done it'll be my vision and my creation. Marty will work his magic on my new one still. Shipping it to him when my Harley Trucks sells.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I have a 2012 F450KR Fx4. Not sure why the web site would say that. Great looking truck man. Badazz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah, I decided to go a different route. Marty's truck is awesome and absolutely beautiful. Perfect truck for someone wanting a turn key OUO truck with many custom touches. Definitely well worth the money!

After thinking about it and weighing my options I decided to go with a new one. Warranty, newest body, engine, trans and some new features. Plus when I'm done it'll be my vision and my creation. Marty will work his magic on my new one still. Shipping it to him when my Harley Trucks sells.

How do you like the interior? I think they look way better than the 08-10's. And they are nice.

Latest posts

Members online