Mechanically Injected 7.3 Trucks Info/Pictures

gwunter

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the head with out the intake runners installed. But if you don't want to share such a thing I understand. Thanks

gwunter

Reaction score
So I've been toying around with building my own injectors using some stock HEUI guts and also some factory mechanical parts, and of course some custom parts. It's going to be some crazy work to do 8. The injector may or not work; obviously. I can see pros and cons to my idea. Or should I just get 8.3 injectors and be done with it? Are the tips on the 8.3 injector basically good to go?

I'll try to dig up a pic of my protype(non functioning at this time) sometime.

image_zpsa7affc19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
So I've been toying around with building my own injectors using some stock HEUI guts and also some factory mechanical parts, and of course some custom parts. It's going to be some crazy work to do 8. The injector may or not work; obviously. I can see pros and cons to my idea. Or should I just get 8.3 injectors and be done with it? Are the tips on the 8.3 injector basically good to go?

I'll try to dig up a pic of my protype(non functioning at this time) sometime.
/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about doing this conversion but from an engineering standpoint I bet you would be time and money ahead to just build an adapter slug for an existing mechanical injector.

gwunter

Reaction score
Its just a mock up. The block has set for a while and it needs a rebuild cylinders got some rust in them(previous owner). It has been very gratifying building this myself. I cant take all the credit though, a big thanks goes to my dad for all his help. I still have a long way to go. BTW, I dont have as much in this as some may think. Better pics to come.

02BigD

Reaction score
Now see HRT, that is an interesting picture, especially with the AC compressor on there. Is that going in a street driven truck? I've been toying with the idea of mounting the compressor down low like a 6 liter, just to clean things up on the top.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Now see HRT, that is an interesting picture, especially with the AC compressor on there. Is that going in a street driven truck? I've been toying with the idea of mounting the compressor down low like a 6 liter, just to clean things up on the top.

I honestly do not know a lot about this build. I wish I did.

I do know that there will be LOTS of impressive pictures to add to this thread this year as some trucks get out to the track and are made public. ;) Until then, I can't say anything.

Latest posts

Members online