Mechanically Injected 7.3 Trucks Info/Pictures

PSDEng

Reaction score
Nick what series are you going to be pulling in with this setup ? I didn't know of anyone in central Pa. that was allowing p-pumped fords to be pulling . 7.3's had to be heui , duramax's Cp3's and the cummin's crybabies were the only ones that could be p-pumped . You trying to run with the Struble's the Wetzler's ? Can't wait to see it this year .

I've read from other members that a mechanical power stroke can run in most if not all 3.0 clubs; and that its a growing thing in the 2.6 clubs. I think nycowboy will be running in the 2.6 class. If I ever get my stuff together(don't hold your breath) I'll try to enter it in 2.6. I feel if the sport really wants to please spectators they will allow such beasts to run anywhere, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

I'll be pulling with PPL in their new 3.0 class. I would've gone up to the 3.6 but I have too much tied up in DOT tires to change, so maybe next season. If I want to go to FPP pull I'll just run RWYB, but FPP is a joke imo. Carson has another customer with one of these motors going in a 2.6 truck.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Congrats Nic! Love the valve covers.

What a Christmas present.
Thanks Dom. Im a big fan of the valve covers too, they look great and they serve a purpose.

I think I saw this truck at his shop back in March sitting off to the side. What did this run you $$ from start to installed. Just curious. PM me if you don't want to say here.

I'm not going to get into that. Besides the fact that's it's not even in the truck yet, I couldn't give an accurate price. I was fortunate enough to be allowed by Carson to work on the motor/truck when I had time. These motors aren't cheap, but I bet if you go price a similarly built Haisley motor you'll be at the same price. You might be surprised with the price though, I sure was and that's why i changed directions.

If you want some prices though give the shop a call at 570-539-2241. They're putting a price sheet together for the major parts. Depending on what the motor will be used for will cause differences in the price.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you want some prices though give the shop a call at 570-539-2241. They're putting a price sheet together for the major parts. Depending on what the motor will be used for will cause differences in the price.
hmmmm, i have close to the same bottom end... just need filler.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ja_cain

Reaction score
What material are the valve covers made out off? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread. Awesome setup, btw!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PSDEng

Reaction score
What material are the valve covers made out off? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread. Awesome setup, btw!

Valve covers are made of lexan. It's a plexiglass type material but much stronger.

Who's bedplate? I am looking at them for my motor.

Carsons bedplate as well.

ja_cain

Reaction score
That's cool. I make/machine a fair number of parts/enclosures from polycarbonate. It's awesome stuff. Definitely really tough.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Hey guys got a question regarding my mechanical 7.3 build for the 2.6 class. Are dual feed injectors necessary or worth it? I've read a lot and talked to some people and have been told to go either way. Some say they aren't worth it sub 600cc of fuel. Also what size nozzle should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using a set of stock single feed 8.3 cummins injectors and a set of nozzles made by DPE in missouri. Not sure on size but they assured me they hAve had them built before and that they would flow enough for 1500hp. I'm seriously debating selling these and going with hypermax injectors though because of the way they return through the stock fuel rail.

CRANEMAN

Reaction score
I am using a set of stock single feed 8.3 cummins injectors and a set of nozzles made by DPE in missouri. Not sure on size but they assured me they hAve had them built before and that they would flow enough for 1500hp. I'm seriously debating selling these and going with hypermax injectors though because of the way they return through the stock fuel rail.
You will need to buy there injector bushings too, FYI. And no sense in buying custom nozzles if you don't have body work done.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have them.

I got the nozzles made to have the right spray pattern. I'm not about to run the stock 8.3 spray pattern and burn up my pistons.

CRANEMAN

Reaction score
Thanks Dom. Im a big fan of the valve covers too, they look great and they serve a purpose.

I'm not going to get into that. Besides the fact that's it's not even in the truck yet, I couldn't give an accurate price. I was fortunate enough to be allowed by Carson to work on the motor/truck when I had time. These motors aren't cheap, but I bet if you go price a similarly built Haisley motor you'll be at the same price. You might be surprised with the price though, I sure was and that's why i changed directions.

All looks good Nick! Glad they got her going! But as far as valve covers, credit needs to be given where credit is do. Billy Zimmer ( Stroked Out) was the pioneer on them. We did that as well. They are great.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

Rodney knows his stuff in the p pump world. He's about 7 miles from me, I don't think you'll be disappointed. He did my 2.6 charger.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
As it turns out, these bodies are in fact double feed. I just need to have the nozzles drilled for the double feed.

I'm still thinking I might get the hypermax injectors though. I really really want to route the return fuel through the stock rails.