Mechanically Injected 7.3 Trucks Info/Pictures

PSDEng

Reaction score
He's treated me right through the entire process and has really gone the extra mile to make sure he has a cost effective set up. You won't be disappointed

WHITExOBS

Reaction score
Did you supply your own pump for the conversipn or did carson supply all the components? Was thinking about it a little and really if i was to use my pump then wanted to upgrade to a sigma(yeah okay keep dreaming) or p7100 later on i think all that would need to be changed is the pump gear and lines, and i guess the mount as well, unless im forgeting something else.

If the pump i have can flow a respectable amount of fuel as is then just using it to start with doesnt seem like a horrible idea, but if im going to need to put a large amount of money into the pump just to get respectable performance out of it then im just throwing money away that could go toward a proven pump.

So i guess first thing i should do is decide what i want to do for a pump. And research more about them to make an educated decision.

gwunter

Reaction score
If you used the A, the gear would not need to be changed. Just design the drive hub to mate to the hypermax or whoever gear. Whether you use a P or A or Sigma, the pump centerline are the same, hence the same size gear. You'll just need a different intermediate plate possibly lines, but there is a chance the A and P fire in the same order. Would also need a different mid pump mount to go from A to P.

The intermediate plate, drive hub, and mid pump mount are the less complicate to machine parts. Heck I could make you the drive hub to mate to a hypermax gear.

WHITExOBS

Reaction score
Gotcha, i work in a machine shop so making the litttle things is no problem for me to do if thats all thats required. So if thats the case then using the A pump should be a reasonable starting point for a fun truck not looking to break any recoards with.

Edit:

Without touching the A pump and leaving it as is what would you guess the amount of fuel it puts out would support HP wise with enough air. Just curious.

Last edited:

PSDEng

Reaction score
Did you supply your own pump for the conversipn or did carson supply all the components? Was thinking about it a little and really if i was to use my pump then wanted to upgrade to a sigma(yeah okay keep dreaming) or p7100 later on i think all that would need to be changed is the pump gear and lines, and i guess the mount as well, unless im forgeting something else.

If the pump i have can flow a respectable amount of fuel as is then just using it to start with doesnt seem like a horrible idea, but if im going to need to put a large amount of money into the pump just to get respectable performance out of it then im just throwing money away that could go toward a proven pump.

So i guess first thing i should do is decide what i want to do for a pump. And research more about them to make an educated decision.

Carson and I sort of worked together on the pumps. I did quite a bit of searching around for the core pumps and I did end up finding 3 or 4 of them. He had them sent out and built, they are all p3000s. You can get 14mm or 15mm p&bs out of a 3000 which is plenty of fuel for any 3.6 class imo.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Well after not really touching this thing for a year and a half, I decided to get back at it. Finally got the headers done, about 12hrs per side to finish them out. Next is to fabricate the charger mount and piping.
a89f7008261a48987e10a3d164c7f891.jpg
3c9214d352a9ccab90f163b362012f83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk