My Dmax needs 37s! Looking for ideas.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ok guys - I've come to terms that my Dmax needs to be on 20 inch rims wrapped in some 37 inch rubber to get the proportions right.

Here is the best pic I have of the truck since it is under construction - sitting on 18s wrapped in 35x13.50 ATZs:

215414_427470843963164_648727540_n.jpg

The truck when finished is going to have an SS style front grill with chrome honey-comb like this - the front bumper will be a bit different as I am modifying the factory HD bumper to be a cross between the SS bumper and the HD bumper so it maintains a bit more of the HD body lines - headlights will be the same except clear corners:

163_0707_photos_05z+2007_chevrolet_silverado_SS+exterior_view.jpg

Still undecided on the rear bumper - all body molding will be stripped, no emblems - except for maybe some "HRT" billet badges - its going to have a chrome stack because I plan on racing it a bit just because I want to play - plus there literally is no good way or really enough room.

Anyway - its going to be a mostly black truck (maybe a light splash of color in a few months) - a little bit of chrome here and there - but trying to keep it light and tasteful.

I'm looking for some 20" rim suggestions - chrome, or possibly black machined. I'm kind of leaning towards a Fuel Hostage or BMF Rehabs or something along those lines.

I'm looking to wrap them in some 37s - I'd like to stay with some sort of an all terrain tire - I need something with a good load rating - good road wear characteristics - decent off road characteristics - mostly just pulling trailer through the fields on the farm, not really a "serious" off road tire. I need something more aggressive than a street tire.

Lets hear some suggestions!

vcassens

Reaction score
For tires I would suggest pro comp extreme m/t I bought my truck with them and put about 65k on them and have no complaints about them. I just put a net set on past week.

Sent from a bus 6 feet in the air

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350871800522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350871800522.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 161

MINK

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see some chrome wheels on that beast I just dont think any chrome wheel finish will last your kind of abuse.

That being said here is what I would like to see - I think the silver/black will tie in nicely with your front grill and overall apearance.
Fuel_Maverick_Machined_1000.jpg

For tires, Toyo M/T or go with another set of ATZs.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see some chrome wheels on that beast I just dont think any chrome wheel finish will last your kind of abuse.

That being said here is what I would like to see - I think the silver/black will tie in nicely with your front grill and overall apearance.

Beat me to it. I wouldn't have anything to do with a chrome wheel especially not a fuel. They will be pitting in a month. Trucks looking good though and the wheel mink suggested is sick.

Cody

Reaction score
jason bfg mud terains! Ive had 2 sets, 70k on the first set, and ive put 35k on my second set with still a 1/4 tread (still riding them during summer months), buying them under half tread, there noisy but not terrible.. idk im impressed by them and will continue to buy them, ive towed heavy with them and they still wear like steel, i get them in a d range i believe but then again never really go off road much, i prefer a clean truck and thats what the 6.0l is for

Spatel23

Reaction score

THIS!
those wheels are my favorite hands down.
I plan to run them on my next ride

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
For tires I would suggest pro comp extreme m/t I bought my truck with them and put about 65k on them and have no complaints about them. I just put a net set on past week.

Sent from a bus 6 feet in the air

I don't see any mud terrain or all terrain tire from Pro Comp in a 37" size for a 20" wheel.... granted I'm not locked down to a 20" rim, but I think its what it needs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I tend to agree with that assessment Josh.... chrome rims would end up trashed...

ATZs seem to lock me down to a 20x12 since their tires that large are also 15.50 wide. Its either a 36" or a 38" tire at that point as well. Not opposed to that - but I need to measure things out some... those are some serious meats. LOL

jason bfg mud terains! Ive had 2 sets, 70k on the first set, and ive put 35k on my second set with still a 1/4 tread (still riding them during summer months), buying them under half tread, there noisy but not terrible.. idk im impressed by them and will continue to buy them, ive towed heavy with them and they still wear like steel, i get them in a d range i believe but then again never really go off road much, i prefer a clean truck and thats what the 6.0l is for

No dice - the BFG MT in a 37" tire on a 20" rim is only weight rated at 3085lbs@50psi. The tires I had on it before were rated for more than that and I really didn't care for their load ratings after towing on them for a while. I tow heavier than I should admit to. LOL I'd like to stay above 3400lb rating and preferably an load range E for the extra belting.

The wheels mink posted along with some nitto trail grapplers would be a very nice setup

Trail Grapplers in a 37x12.50R20, load rated E at 3750lbs at 65psi is a strong candidate.

NTR205800__lg.jpg

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
The BMF rehab for sure on Nittos. The trail grappler is an awesome tire and a 20x10 rehab would look amazing.

If it were me, I'd put 22's on it :)

sent from somewhere in the country

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Toyo Open Country MTs in a 37x13.50R20E is another strong contender at a rating of 3860 @ 65psi...

TOYMT360-220__lg.jpg

I love Toyo tires. Nitto's are basically Toyo tires though.

My only recommendation is not to go tall on the wheel, since you'll still be on farm duty with that truck.

Taller the wheel... The shorter the sidewall... You know the rest.

Latest posts

Members online