My Dmax needs 37s! Looking for ideas.

vcassens

Reaction score
I don't see any mud terrain or all terrain tire from Pro Comp in a 37" size for a 20" wheel.... granted I'm not locked down to a 20" rim, but I think its what it needs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry I did not realize that that I am running a 305-55-20 which I believe is a 33'' tire

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Hmmm....

$T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiN!JBQMpWjjSBg~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16J,!zoE9s5nd0hVBQBIIwSHWg~~60_57.jpg

Ok - hypothetical question - what happens if I go against the grain and open up my options to 18" wheels and 22" wheels? I'm sure the overall consensus is bigger is cooler - but really what are my options? I assume there are less tire options for teh 22" rim - I assume my options are similar to what I currently have for the 18" rim.

MINK

Reaction score
BMF/TOYOs look dope!

LOL

22s just make everything cost more - like from 75 to 180 dollars more a tire than a comparable 20. You might gain some stability from the shorter sidewall but that's it.

an 18.....didnt know there was anything smaller than a 20" wheel :)

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
22s just make everything cost more - like from 75 to 180 dollars more a tire than a comparable 20. You might gain some stability from the shorter sidewall but that's it.

an 18.....didnt know there was anything smaller than a 20" wheel :)

Yeah... less sidewall means I have more of a chance of screwing up the rims as I'm dragging a trailer into a fuel station like I own the place and catch a curb because some jackass thinks its OK to build a parking lot for Honda Civics and expect the trucks with trailers to just deal with it. LOL

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
HRT - I'll have some 18" Fuel Kranks with 37" SS M16s on my truck real soon.. I'll be sure to put up a picture... I was really torn based on cost I ended up on 18s I sure hope I don't regret it. I don't care that much about bling as alot of guys so I think it'll be ok, but I'll but some pictures up so you get an idea of rim to sidewall ratio.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I love that machined hostage...I wanted them balanced t they were chronically backordered so I went with throttles.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
HRT - I'll have some 18" Fuel Kranks with 37" SS M16s on my truck real soon.. I'll be sure to put up a picture... I was really torn based on cost I ended up on 18s I sure hope I don't regret it. I don't care that much about bling as alot of guys so I think it'll be ok, but I'll but some pictures up so you get an idea of rim to sidewall ratio.

Awesome. I agree - I'm less concerned with the bling and more concerned with the function. I use my truck hard and in areas that might scare most guys with "bling" LOL - I do want it to look good - but function is always my primary concern.

superstroked

Reaction score
HRT;After seeing the pictures you posted I will be going with a 35 or 37 on my machined hostages when the current tires wear out.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Yeah... less sidewall means I have more of a chance of screwing up the rims as I'm dragging a trailer into a fuel station like I own the place and catch a curb because some jackass thinks its OK to build a parking lot for Honda Civics and expect the trucks with trailers to just deal with it. LOL

I know I'm goin against the grain here...

But a little more sidewall is a must for any truck that's gonna weigh a little bit, and expects to be bounced through a pasture, field, etc... Or tow a heavy trailer on a less than perfect road.

It's amazing how easy short sidewalls cut.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm getting the sense that everyone thinks I need a set of Death Metal Rehabs and Toyos.... LOL

I've been thinking that I could toss a set of 37" BFGs on 17s for winter, since I have a set of trashed 17s anyway... then go with the chrome Rehabs for summer..... then I get my cake and eat it too....

Decisions, decisions.... :fustrate: I need to decide so I get the BMFs coming.... I understand that some of them are VERY hard to get in a timely manner....

MINK

Reaction score
I'm getting the sense that everyone thinks I need a set of Death Metal Rehabs and Toyos.... LOL

I've been thinking that I could toss a set of 37" BFGs on 17s for winter, since I have a set of trashed 17s anyway... then go with the chrome Rehabs for summer..... then I get my cake and eat it too....

Decisions, decisions.... :fustrate: I need to decide so I get the BMFs coming.... I understand that some of them are VERY hard to get in a timely manner....

Just order the black bmfs....your 17s are trashed

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Just order the black bmfs....your 17s are trashed

Yeah - I know they are trashed - I even said that they were... I was planning on blasting them and powder coating them for use.

But you're right - I probably should just order the BMFs and be done. LOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
How much chrome is on your truck now Jason? I bet the stealth wheels would look good on it

Bumpers for a while - stack - chrome honeycomb in the grill - crystal headlights - perhaps some billet badges to replace the factory badges. The chrome is light and subtle and will remain light and subtle. I'm just a little on the fence with black wheels. I know I won't go all black on them.

Latest posts

Members online