My Dmax needs 37s! Looking for ideas.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
does your dmax have SAS?

Yup. :D BUILD THREAD HERE

577836_344358515618866_1217992577_n.jpg

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
In about three weeks I can get you pictures of 20" machined BMF rehabs wrapped in 37 by 13.5 mud grappler on a 2011 dodge, if you want them.

TARM

Reaction score
I will weigh in. I absolutely would not go with anything larger than a 20 unless you are going to be jumping up to 40s. 37" and 22" IMO is for a LOOK and not for truck use performance. I think 20" and 37" is the smallest tire to largest size wheel I would do if its planned uses have a good deal of time off pavement as I expect is the case here. Personally I hate the look of super thin mud terrain sidewall tires on big huge rims.

I would say a 18" is the happy middle for a 37" tire size. I have run all kinds of mud,off road, all terrain tires over the years. The tires I think that I found to offer the best overall package of looks and performance has to be the Mickey Thompson line.

For that truck and a split use the ATZ is a great tire. The only hold back would be if you need a really good mud performance. I know depending on the your farms topography and lay out location etc that can sometimes be mandatory. IT also is a happy middle ground with the 18" wheel size. They have a E rated 37x13.5 so a 10" wide wheel would be perfect.

The Toyo MT are nice no doubt but the reason I tend to stay away from them is EVERYONE is running them. They are THE goto tire. I could be wrong but you seem to be the kind of person that likes to be distinctive or have his own style. IMO toyo mt as good as they actually are in most areas to me scream mall crawler.

I currently have some 20x12 with M16 40x14.5 on them and they are great with IMO a great tire to wheel ratio. I could certainly recommend these tires as well but I know some people have issue with the 5.56 ammo shapes as the sidewall lugs. They are a great cross for general offroad mud wet snow sand pavement tire. They have offering in both 20 and 18 for 37 x 13.5 E rated tire

AKHILF

Reaction score
I have the toyo's, 37x13.5r22 on 22" fuel hostages. Iv had 2 sets of the hostages black and machined 20x10's and now the black 22x11's. I like the look of the 37's and 22's and i'm not afraid to go out on the farms up here. Really one inch more of side wall all around isnt going to save your rim that much more. The first fuels that where shown are pretty expensive... I looked into them before and at that price I'd go with some american forces instead and most likely will next. But the finish on fuels black wheels are great. I'v ran them 2 winters up here and the finish still looks new. Only problem I'v had is the fake plastic "bolts" chrome started peeling. But MHT sent me all new ones for every wheel and I'm painting the peeled set.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Eagle alloys has just released images of their new wheels. They have some pretty nice gloss black / machined wheels coming out. I haven't saw any specs yet though.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Eagle alloys has just released images of their new wheels. They have some pretty nice gloss black / machined wheels coming out. I haven't saw any specs yet though.

I figure there might be some new wheel options out this week because of SEMA.... always looking. I need to really just make a decision and run with it....

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
These go on my truck today... 37x13.50x18s

I'm not sure if I want to do the 295's, or the 33x13.5's...

Either way I don't want to go bigger than 33.

Figures I'd be looking in a thread for somebody else's tires and decide I want a set now lol.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I will weigh in. I absolutely would not go with anything larger than a 20 unless you are going to be jumping up to 40s. 37" and 22" IMO is for a LOOK and not for truck use performance. I think 20" and 37" is the smallest tire to largest size wheel I would do if its planned uses have a good deal of time off pavement as I expect is the case here. Personally I hate the look of super thin mud terrain sidewall tires on big huge rims.

I would say a 18" is the happy middle for a 37" tire size. I have run all kinds of mud,off road, all terrain tires over the years. The tires I think that I found to offer the best overall package of looks and performance has to be the Mickey Thompson line.

For that truck and a split use the ATZ is a great tire. The only hold back would be if you need a really good mud performance. I know depending on the your farms topography and lay out location etc that can sometimes be mandatory. IT also is a happy middle ground with the 18" wheel size. They have a E rated 37x13.5 so a 10" wide wheel would be perfect.

The Toyo MT are nice no doubt but the reason I tend to stay away from them is EVERYONE is running them. They are THE goto tire. I could be wrong but you seem to be the kind of person that likes to be distinctive or have his own style. IMO toyo mt as good as they actually are in most areas to me scream mall crawler.

I currently have some 20x12 with M16 40x14.5 on them and they are great with IMO a great tire to wheel ratio. I could certainly recommend these tires as well but I know some people have issue with the 5.56 ammo shapes as the sidewall lugs. They are a great cross for general offroad mud wet snow sand pavement tire. They have offering in both 20 and 18 for 37 x 13.5 E rated tire

I'm right there with you bud. I have resisted the peer pressure to go up in wheel size for a long time - and above all I care more about function than form. I don't really ever do anything because its what everyone else is doing or because its what everyone else wants me to do. I'm not opposed to asking for ideas and direction (as I have done here), but at the end of the day whatever I choose its because its what I want, not because its what everyone else thinks I should do.

Your assessment of how I use my truck is pretty accurate - although I tend to avoid mud if I can - and if its really questionable - then its not at all unless it is a dire emergency. Most of the time where I would be in the fields and crossing ditches, whatever, will be when its dry - and likely have the trailer attached so I'm not really going to be getting into a bunch of really rough "rock crawling" kind of terrain - just your normal field entrances ditch crossings, and relatively open fields. The only exception to this is in the winter - I do do some deep snow when its needed and might get a bit more brazen doing things as empty in the snow than I would normally. Sometimes that is just a function of where I live - and its actually easier to cut across the fields at some point than to bury the truck in the middle of the driveway or road. LOL But - thats because I know the lay of the land very well and have a pretty good idea of where I can and can't go.

Latest posts

Members online