Need an upgraded hpop

TyCorr

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I don't want a battle to ensue. Termie, stealth, and adrenaline all make a good pump. Some do this or that better. I realize the hpop is only part of the hpo system. That said, we have had so many changes made in the last 3 years that I want current information. I've been reading through the aftermarket section of this forum since about 5pm and can't find an answer to what I'm winding up to ask.

Right now I'm running 175/100's with a stock 17° international purchased hpop. I'm not sure if the pump is any different than what Ford provides? I've got a 38r, bigger lines ran up to the motor(fuel),and plan to get a full fuel system from a vendor, complete.

I've come across what appeared to be a fair deal on some 275~55% swamps injectors. I will most likely just send them off to swamps and have them rebuilt,balanced, and a 200% nozzle installed.

Alright, sorry for the length already, but I want to provide as much info as possible. Question being: What would be a good hpop to run with these 275's? It'll probably be feeding these 175/100s for a while until I figure out what I'm really going to do in what order(put the 275s in this motor or in the spare I've got after a full build).

I'm not sure if my goals factor into my decision making process. But I'm hoping for a "stock" tune of 300 hp and the ability to have 550. The 38r will get some breathing help in the future from an atmospheric charger. The goal is squeaky clean 550 with me staying under 500 with just the 38r. I'm not a puller or racer just want a fun powerful truck that I'll probably keep until there's no support for the motor or drive train.

Thanks guys! Feel free to post WHATEVER you have. Even if it's a pump I didn't list. I'm wide open here.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
If it were me I would do dual Termie pumps with those 275's, I run a T500 right now with my 225/100's. That's just my opinion, I'm sure others will chime in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Personally I think the srp1 is a awesome bang for your buck. I'm gonna be trying some 400/400 with mine :D

Yea, I'm kinda dragging my feet there. People having trouble with the 1.1 so I'm kinda waiting for people to.chime in. Do you have an srp1.1?

TyCorr

Reaction score
So I'd need a second stocker? Bolt them together?

Oh, and I.noticed you have 275s. How do you like them? What kind of power are you making with them and that single.charger? I was going to run 238s and my 38r and be done buuuuut :D looks like I'll be running some a little bigger.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
SRP1.1...

I've seen one thread where there is an issue that COULD be the pump...

TyCorr

Reaction score
SRP1.1...

I've seen one thread where there is an issue that COULD be the pump...

Yea, I take people's problems with a grain of salt. I know how it is with buddies when I go to help them and they have stuff buggered up and its not even the component they thought was at fault.

I do like the srp1.1s small size and tremendous output.

Why do you not have your hpop listed in your mods Joe?

TARM

Reaction score
With 200% nozzles I would go for the SRP1.1. It is no more work to install that a reg HPOP swap. Same size, hoses, locations and bolts etc. Nothing could be easier. Maybe add a extra feed line to the hpop res and add Diesel sites res extension plate to facilitate that and get a bit more vol cap.

I had duals and have to say I did not like how it crowded up the valley, along with all the hoses going everywhere. That many more chances of a leak as I see it. I will say if I needed oil volume and somehow only duals could provide it they would be with dual IPRs as I did the first time but this time with a remote IPR block. I would run a HPOP res plate from DS and have the IPR dump thru it to the front cover and have feed lines from the block feeding the res thru it. As much as many thinks its a waste I would still run a cross over line as well using the long factory HPOP hose and fittings to do it as I run with my current setup. Again that kind of setup IMO has the look of a bowl of spaghetti with all the hoses going everywhere and increased risks of failures. But I think that is the best way to do it IMO if you run duals. I like the Stealth single pumps and SRP1 for this reason. The latter one I am running now has over 55K on it with no issues. I will still be sending it in to have it upgraded to a 1.1 to be sure I have the best parts but its not been a issue.

Any of these pumps will get it done for you so its really just a matter of weighing what matters to you and make the purchase.

chris1978

Reaction score
I'm running a Stage 1 Stealth with 300/200's and a home-built 4 line output kit. No leaks, no issues. Holds 3200PSI in my hot file.

If the SRP1 was out in 2008 when I bought my pump thats the route I would have went with as from what I've been told it puts out the same numbers.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
I run the SPR 1.1 with my 300/200. I originally had the first version and when it went I had mixed feeling on going with the 1.1. Being that Swamps did my build and install I figured upgrade to the Gen3 and be done. They suggested that I wait for the 1.1 as it has proved to deliver and not have all the idle issues of a bigger pump since my truck is a daily driver. Six months later I received the new version at home at no additional cost to me. I called to try to pay the differance and was told that I was good and enjoy. That is customer service at its best. Been on there for 8k miles and no issues holding 3200 psi.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
So I'd need a second stocker? Bolt them together?

Oh, and I.noticed you have 275s. How do you like them? What kind of power are you making with them and that single.charger? I was going to run 238s and my 38r and be done buuuuut :D looks like I'll be running some a little bigger.

Google gen 3 hpop you will see what it is. A srp1.1 would be fine for you though. Well I'm hoping to yank the cab and stud my truck this week and drop the injectors in so we will see. I plan to get it together and live tuned before September 15.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
fyi this is gen 3
2012-07-26_12-11-57_828.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I have seen the gen 3 on swamps site but for some.reason I thought bts had a gen 3 setup. Who knows how I arrived at that though?

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I have been running Joey's modded 17* hpop, and it handles my 250/100s. Along with Joey is always there when I need questions asked.

But I still prefer the dual pump setups when it comes to bottom end response. My built motor will have either dual termy's or BTS.

bruce

Reaction score
bts does have a dual set up. i'd say srp1.1 though. cheaper, nice warranty, flat out moves oil.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.