New tire from toyo

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. Toyo didnt last long on my truck. I got around 30k.

My atzs have 20k on them and they arent noisy, arent wearing hardly at all, and are multiple times more quiet than a toyo mt.

I have ran about everything that is out or was out. My previous tires were baja claws. Those were badass tires but the stopping in snow was bad. Not horrible but for a truck that spends a great deal of time on road thhe tradeoffs were too much. I put 30k on those and they are still very good. I have them still.

I wouldnt run bfgoodrich tires if someone gave them to me. I would try the duratracs but goodyears arent on my list of good tires as I was a kid in the 90s and the wrangler were the worst, overpriced crap on the road. Their reputation isnt forgotten.

My luck has been great with mickey thompson brand tires and I am staying aboard for as long as the tires are lasting and performing as mine all are. They did revamp the baja atz tread so who knows, maybe I wont like it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Duratracs was going to be my next choice, but we'll see how these toyos look

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Ive ran atz's and toyo mt's. The toyos handled the road better with less noise. Toyo MT's are hard to beat.

The new tire is interesting but the look is gonna have to grow on me.

Demon

Reaction score
I like it. I'm on Toyo MTs now on my dually. Liked them. I think I'll really dig the RTs if they wear anything like the MTs or better.

I'm curious about sizes for them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this tread design looks hideous and does not look like it will perform well, I have toyo AT 2's, they look soo much better, especially once you get to a 35" tire they are labeled as "extreme" which means the lugs are farther apart. The only part I do like is they are made in America.

IMG_10231_zps2c5594b1.jpg

Baker42

Reaction score
I got 43000 +or - out of my 285/75/16 duratracs I just put some new 315/75/16 on.
That new toyo looks an awful lot like a duratrac knockoff.

Demon

Reaction score
Powersmokin that's not the RT. The sticker on it clearly says AT2.

apusetab.jpg

Last edited:

Baker42

Reaction score
My buddy drives an 08 cummins with the at2 and he likes them.
The rt looks like a cheap chinese duratrac.

dustinz85

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this tread design looks hideous and does not look like it will perform well, I have toyo AT 2's, they look soo much better, especially once you get to a 35" tire they are labeled as "extreme" which means the lugs are farther apart. The only part I do like is they are made in America.

IMG_10231_zps2c5594b1.jpg
I at 2 is best tire I've had yet for in rain snow or mud. I have about 6k on the current set and no signs of wear.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Powersmokin that's not the RT. The sticker on it clearly says AT2.

apusetab.jpg

I know it's not the RT, I was showing the larger lug tread on the at 2 as opposed to the regular AT but I will agree about them looking like duratracs!

Last edited:

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I guess we'll see how the tire does, but it looks like a Dick Cepek Fun Country knock-off.

dsberman94

Reaction score
A lot of these tires look very similar.
hutamyqy.jpg
toyo RT

u5a4aza8.jpg
fierce attitude

aja2ejej.jpg
duratrac

There's only so much you can do with a tread pattern for it to do what it's designed to it seems.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
If they made the AT'2 in a 37x18 my wifes Excursion would have them. As it stands we may step down to a 35 at the next tire change anyway...