Reaction score
A lot of these tires look very similar.
hutamyqy.jpg
toyo RT

u5a4aza8.jpg
fierce attitude

aja2ejej.jpg
duratrac

There's only so much you can do with a tread pattern for it to do what it's designed to it seems.

No... I meant by the center tread pattern those and DC's look almost exactly the same.

dsberman94

Reaction score
No... I meant by the center tread pattern those and DC's look almost exactly the same.

I'm not so singling you out. I'm just stating it for anyone saying "it looks like x tire" that there a lost of tires meant for similar application that look very similar.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My neighbor swears by those tires, he's on his 3rd set. 50,000+ miles on each set of heavy towing, off-roading and plowing on his 2500 Cummins. Probably gonna put them on his new platinum once the stockers wear down some.

My buddy Rick runs a tire shop. They do tons of lifted trucks wheels and tires. He wont sell me any procomp tires because they've had more frequent than usual blowouts with them on the front of heavy pickups. He said as recent as one last week.

They were all the extreme whatever the hell that look like retarded baja claws.

Baker42

Reaction score
The goodyear duratracs are bad a$$. Never been stuck even in deep mud and snow They self clean real well and are made of Kevlar. Got almost 45000 miles on my old 285's

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
My buddy Rick runs a tire shop. They do tons of lifted trucks wheels and tires. He wont sell me any procomp tires because they've had more frequent than usual blowouts with them on the front of heavy pickups. He said as recent as one last week.

They were all the extreme whatever the hell that look like retarded baja claws.

I won't run pro comp cause of the blow outs I've seen on trucks, but he and his son run them and have had amazing luck with them, they both love the tires

79jasper

Reaction score
My old boss ran those open country's.
Things were junk, imo.
He'd get about 1.5-2 years out of the rears on his 04 dodge 3500 SRW.
No traction in the rain, even with the skid loader on the back. Sucked in the light snow we got this past winter.
But I don't know, he's probably running them harder than most. Lol They'll see pavement, gravel roads, crusher run, oil field roads, etc.
Didn't seem to take heavy loads very well.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
He got 2 years out of rear tires on a truck that tows? We barely get 2 years out of the tires that never touch anything except pavement on our Chevy equinox. Id say the open country is a good tire.

BKopp

Reaction score
hupeda6y.jpg

I've been running my toyo MT's in 275-65r20 for 32,000 miles. The pic is of the worst one. I'm towing more than I'm not. I dont know if I'll get 40,000 or not but I might try the At2's next. Those RT look decent to me but I'll let other gineau pig first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

79jasper

Reaction score
He got 2 years out of rear tires on a truck that tows? We barely get 2 years out of the tires that never touch anything except pavement on our Chevy equinox. Id say the open country is a good tire.

At most.
We had a f550 we did most towing with.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

bruce

Reaction score
I like the cooper atp, cheap, 10 ply, look pretty good. I grew out of the big fancy wheel stage

TyCorr

Reaction score
What are we talking here? A toy truck that by incident gets stuck working or a truck that gets started at 4am and ran 2-300 miles per day and yanks a trailer down the road?

My 00 has had every damn tire under the sun on it. Tires seem to change often enough that what is good now wasnt 5 years ago and vice versa.

My superduty, a 00, has been running between 37&40" tires and now as of two years ago 35x12.5r20 mt baja atz. The baja atz is a supreme tire and the price reflects how long they last and how well they perform. There is no reason mine wont go 60k. But that truck isnt setup to be worked out of everyday although its setup as it was when I DID work out of it.

At 36 Ive got more important things to waste my energy on at work than climbing into and out of a truck, especially towing.

My other idea, run something practical on truck that mega miles. My 2014 Chevrolet 3500hd srw diesel that is two months off the lot at the indy 500 has 10k miles on it already. If you were there and saw a srw z71 that is totally whited out, thats mine :D Anyway, as my 12 dmax had, this truck has the michelin ltx at and they are ***kin awesome for a oem style tire. My truck is a hair under 10k lbs w/o the trailer and ill get 50k out of these tires. They do get rotated at services though. Some guys racking up the miles do NOT. Thats not my business though.

My dad has been running coopers on his superdutys. He swears by them. I know how some feel but he is getting 55k out of the two different models he buys. As far as stockish type tires go michelin ltx at, cooper at, michelin ltx m/s (60k towing daily), and I ran some nitto dura grapplers on my lbz way back in the day. Those were pretty darn good too. Not sure if they are around anymore.

Im sorry to anyone that likes toyos but I dont appreciate their construction and the sidewalls are too thin for a towing in my usage. I have towed with tires that werent really up to it before and towed on 40s so Im not speculating, way too much sidewall action for me in the toyos. If they work for you, great, but be warned some have had less than stellar experience with them.

Again, as a no holds barred, do it all tire in a truck that is maybe more built for sport, lifted or whatever, that still has to be able to get business handled the mickey thompson baja atz is, in my opinion of course, THE best. They did change the tread pattern so I can NOT say for the new tread models but I did get some great feedback from a couple of guys running both models on two identical ram 3500 srw trucks that they used to deliver campers all over the country. They said the performance is great on either but the new ones have more bite offroad. The guy with the older tread pattern had 62k on his and they were getting worn but still useable for another 4-5k. But you cant expect those miles unless you too are hooking up and running straight down the road for 50+k miles a year.

Anyway, good luck. If it means anything im not tempted to sway from either the baja atz on my personal rig or the michelin ltx a/t on my new truck which is a dedicated tow rig.

Latest posts

Members online