Nitrous on non built motors?

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Have any of you run nitrous on your truck without building the motor? I'd like to put a 50 or 75 shot into my setup with a 63mm turbo with dual fuel at some point in hopes of putting the truck just shy of 700HP. I'd prefer not to have to build the motor so 700HP is the limit I've set on myself. I understand nitrous reduces EGT which is a bonus. Are there downsides I should be aware of?

Also, are there controllers available that can fine tune the delivery of the nitrous to help spool up the turbo down low then add just the right amount as you go through the gears? Or does nitrous not really need to be refined like that?

jcain

Reaction score
The mystical breaking point number is now 700. Brother, if you spray it down low, with dual fuelers, you're asking for a game of peekaboo

sootie

Reaction score
why do you even ask questions if you already know everything?

It would be great idea if you also stopped trying to help in technical threads you know nothing about...

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Do you know anything about that truck or it's motor or air/fuel setup? If it has enough fuel in it to make 1100HP on a dyno with ghetto fog I'd be willing to bet that motor has a built bottom end in it.

Nope. But the vibe I was getting from everyone so far in the thread was Nitrous plus 6.7 = death. A bit more info than that would be great. If I'm looking to make just shy of 700 and a little shot of nitrous is what will take me from say 625 to 675. It sounds like it might be safe to do but mostly what I'm hearing in this thread is nitrous = death. It's hard to tell who's just bandwagoning and who's for real.

gilgamesh

Reaction score
why do you even ask questions if you already know everything?

It would be great idea if you also stopped trying to help in technical threads you know nothing about...

It would be a great idea if you'd offer useful and supportive information to threads that make this site worth going to. Rather than just call people out for stupid **** like being new or trying to think outside the ****ing retail box offered by site sponsors.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Stock bottom end and you will have a bad day. Have you see the wee rods in a 6.7? Built bottom end. Do what ever you want.

If you want good info maybe be more clear about you current engine configuration.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Nope. But the vibe I was getting from everyone so far in the thread was Nitrous plus 6.7 = death. A bit more info than that would be great. If I'm looking to make just shy of 700 and a little shot of nitrous is what will take me from say 625 to 675. It sounds like it might be safe to do but mostly what I'm hearing in this thread is nitrous = death. It's hard to tell who's just bandwagoning and who's for real.

Yeah we are all bandwagoners here. Especially Shone who has definitely never had High HP trucks with nitrous and is one of the O.G. guys here and Dallas with H&S who has definitely never had a big part in pioneering the way forward in the 6.4 and 6.7 Powerstrokes.... and a few other people in the thread who definitely know their sh*t

I fully encourage you to install nitrous on your truck with your 63mm and stock bottom end motor. Let me know how it goes. Post results up from the dyno! :pimp:

sootie

Reaction score
It would be a great idea if you'd offer useful and supportive information to threads that make this site worth going to. Rather than just call people out for stupid **** like being new or trying to think outside the ****ing retail box offered by site sponsors.

It would be a great idea for you to stop contributing to tech threads when you have no idea what you are taking about, that kind of stuff runs new people off the site, and pisses off more experienced members.

Oh and maybe there is a reason sponsors sell what they do? Perhaps learning what works and doesnt?

gilgamesh

Reaction score
It would be a great idea for you to stop contributing to tech threads when you have no idea what you are taking about, that kind of stuff runs new people off the site, and pisses off more experienced members.

Oh and maybe there is a reason sponsors sell what they do? Perhaps learning what works and doesnt?

Thanks for yet another wonderful thread contribution.

Yeah we are all bandwagoners here. Especially Shone who has definitely never had High HP trucks with nitrous and is one of the O.G. guys here and Dallas with H&S who has definitely never had a big part in pioneering the way forward in the 6.4 and 6.7 Powerstrokes.... and a few other people in the thread who definitely know their sh*t

I fully encourage you to install nitrous on your truck with your 63mm and stock bottom end motor. Let me know how it goes. Post results up from the dyno! :pimp:

No Clue who Shone is. Dallas said something like "It won't lower EGT". Which is helpful and dispells at least one of the marketing "facts" I read on a site that sells the nitrous kits.

If I understand your sarcasm and what others have said, spraying a 50-75 shot which still puts my truck under the 700hp range will still break ****.

Stock bottom end and you will have a bad day. Have you see the wee rods in a 6.7? Built bottom end. Do what ever you want.

If you want good info maybe be more clear about you current engine configuration.

Thanks forcefed. I've not ever seen the rods nor would I know what a wee rod looked like compared to a beefy one. How $$involved$$ is building a bottom end? Once the tuning is completed I'll have to be happy with the truck as it is. I do miss the quicker spool of the VGT and thought maybe just a little squirt would make the difference. I really don't want to get into building the motor. So it sounds like spray is out of the question.

sootie

Reaction score
so where exactly were you planning to use this nitrous?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.