No cold start. Need help.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I guess not. Goal for this weekend is to get it in the garage and get some heat on it and the block heater and gpr in it, batteries load tested somewhere and then go from there. Haven't been around it since Tuesday as I'm getting ready for an interview to move up within the company I'm working for.

Atsah

Reaction score
I just learned years ago that putting something new on doesn't mean you can blindly overlook it when diagnosing an issue.

That's for sure.. A new bad one will screw you if you think new is always good..

TyCorr

Reaction score
That's for sure.. A new bad one will screw you if you think new is always good..

Im not sure there is a GOOD, NEW starter out there?

I really enjoyed the mitsubishi gear reduction one that I got at carquest. But my leaky windshield burned it up...

Dantheman

Reaction score
I had a truck that did the same thing but it took out a fuse. I was caused by the OD off switch wiring in the column. The wires break and short. It was the same fuse as the PCM cause I could not connect with AE. The guy took the truck to dealership since I didn't have time to help anymore. They found the fuse and told him the cause.

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
With relays clicking and not being able to use the obdII port I would lean towards the ignition switch (not key tumbler assembly) especially if it is original. Drop the lower panel and two nuts to remove.
Had a similar interrmittant issue that affected the gpr and vac pump.
If it's original that's alot of years and cycles on a slide switch.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Problem fixed for the moment. The day I parked the truck I had to blast through a bunch of snow drifts. There was snow everywhere under the hood. On all the electrical on the drivers fender well, and everywhere else. Being I went out to start it Monday morning and it didn't click the relays I knew something happened between then and a few hours later. As of right now she's fixed and in the garage to get the new block heater, gpr and an oil change. Fuse #22 was blown. Changed the fuse, relay stopped clicking, cel went away and she fired right up. Relay # 303 was the one that was clicking.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Short somewhere. Check all your wires real good same thing happend on one I was working on, wires for the bowl heater rubbed through and shorted taking out fuse 22 and causing relays to click. Apparently you didn't check the fuses when I mentioned the first time lol

dsberman94

Reaction score
Short somewhere. Check all your wires real good same thing happend on one I was working on, wires for the bowl heater rubbed through and shorted taking out fuse 22 and causing relays to click. Apparently you didn't check the fuses when I mentioned the first time lol

Wasn't around the truck since Tuesday until today. And the cold really didn't make me want to work on it outside.

Latest posts

Members online