No Limit air filter install

Notneb

Reaction score
20160628_200902_zps4uhbwogn.jpg

Finally got around to shoving that big boy in there.

The coolant hose. That is a must do IMO. I used 6ft of belted 3/4 Napa heater hose and tucked it nicely around the fan shroud to its "T".

If one had to ask I would NOT SELL you this filter unless you were willing to do the coolant hose re-route plan.

I did tweek my A/C line a tad bit to get if away from the tubing. But. Nothing is rubbing even after the 10lb shake test.

I do believe I will be fabricating something to hold the entire system stationary tho.... overall it took about 1.5hr with me dinking around trying to figure out the best placement for the heater hose.

When are you removing your EGR? And can the intake be bolted down with the stock intake plenum/EGR on? I removed all of that when I did mine so I just don't know. I know with all that crap removed, the intake doesn't move around enough to damage/wear on surfaces. I took my truck down some pretty gnarly roads out here and blew out my shocks doing so, intake was just fine.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
When are you removing your EGR? And can the intake be bolted down with the stock intake plenum/EGR on? I removed all of that when I did mine so I just don't know. I know with all that crap removed, the intake doesn't move around enough to damage/wear on surfaces. I took my truck down some pretty gnarly roads out here and blew out my shocks doing so, intake was just fine.

I have OCD to the point of needing medication. LOL. (I take none) I just don't like things jiggling around!

I will find something to bolt it too soon.

Notneb

Reaction score
I would just be wary of bolting it down too much, vibration is a funny thing. Just make sure you use rubber washers between the frame/mount to help dampen vibration and give the mount enough flex to not break. Just my .02 lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I would just be wary of bolting it down too much, vibration is a funny thing. Just make sure you use rubber washers between the frame/mount to help dampen vibration and give the mount enough flex to not break. Just my .02 lol

Definitely use vibration dampening. I don't plan on pulling my egr either. It stays right where it is! Lol

ImAti0n

Reaction score
CAT do you have some aftermarket coolant filter? The way your coolant lines run are different than mine and we both have 2015 trucks. Just curious cause the coolant line I replaced didn't connect to the "T".

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Lol, gotcha, keep forgetting you're an engineer lol.

On another note if I am attaching the filter tube to the engine then there is no need for the damper. The resident frequency will not bother anything. But if I'm attaching to the battery box or something then I would use the dampening.... and I'm not an engineer. I just work with a bunch of them!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
CAT do you have some aftermarket coolant filter? The way your coolant lines run are different than mine and we both have 2015 trucks. Just curious cause the coolant line I replaced didn't connect to the "T".

I don't have an aftermarket coolant filter. Whats the build date on yours. Mine is 4/15.

Jomax

Reaction score

I removed my T and installed the hose directly to the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I removed my T and installed the hose directly to the radiator.

My truck still has a T, but that hose I replaced already connected to the radiator directly. Let me see if I can get a pic.

95cobby

Reaction score
Definitely use vibration dampening. I don't plan on pulling my egr either. It stays right where it is! Lol

Is your egr still plugged in? Looks like it is, or maybe I'm just seeing things. The coolant replacement line came with my egr kit and it's about 3'.. 6' seems a bit of overkill but it'll do the trick. Mine is connected to the T down on the left side of the radiator like you mentioned, same connection as factory hose and I don't see why it would be any different on a 2015. Also not sure how some of you would be able to just take that T out since there is a sensor right there and the hose looks like it changes sizes.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Is your egr still plugged in? Looks like it is, or maybe I'm just seeing things. The coolant replacement line came with my egr kit and it's about 3'.. 6' seems a bit of overkill but it'll do the trick. Mine is connected to the T down on the left side of the radiator like you mentioned, same connection as factory hose and I don't see why it would be any different on a 2015. Also not sure how some of you would be able to just take that T out since there is a sensor right there and the hose looks like it changes sizes.

I wanted to run the hose in uniform with the other upper coolant hoses and for a smooth radius bend in order to tuck it into the fan shroud between the secondary coolant reservoir.

Yeah it's still plugged in but it's all blocked off and non functional. Just serving as a coolant passage and extra weight at this point. Spar-tan tuning does not require one to unplug all the connectors. And I would rather leave them plugged in just for the sake of the connectors.

louisianashooter

Reaction score
Lol, gotcha, keep forgetting you're an engineer lol.

An real engineer would know that it's damping. ;) just joking...but seriously, my vibrations professor almost kicked me out of class on the first day when I asked him what dampening was.

On another note, CAT. Why are you leaving your EGR? I'm in the process of figuring out what I'm going to order. I was going to order: PPEI EZ-Lynk, FLO-PRO 4" DP back, No Limit Intake, and the FLO-PRO 2015 EGR "kit". But now you got me second guessing on the EGR. I heard bad things about keeping the EGR on while it was unplugged?

95cobby

Reaction score
An real engineer would know that it's damping. ;) just joking...but seriously, my vibrations professor almost kicked me out of class on the first day when I asked him what dampening was.

On another note, CAT. Why are you leaving your EGR? I'm in the process of figuring out what I'm going to order. I was going to order: PPEI EZ-Lynk, FLO-PRO 4" DP back, No Limit Intake, and the FLO-PRO 2015 EGR "kit". But now you got me second guessing on the EGR. I heard bad things about keeping the EGR on while it was unplugged?

His egr cooler is still on the truck but he's running block off plates for the exhaust, you can see them in the picture. Nothing wrong with doing it that way.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Lol... some.are engineers by degree only and others are granted engineering titles by work performed... the most famous ones are bridge builders and ..... tesla....

Ever heard of an engine analyser called windrock? It's basis is off of vibration analysis. A basic tool is bumping $100k. but they are pretty cool!! I went to a class with them once and the term dampening was arguable but it landed on the past tense term dampened. Take off the Ed and add a ING!! LOL

Anyways!!

Air filters. Lol... Funny stuff but I won't get into it all. I don't have the stomach for all the bullets that will be hurled at me if I tell the truth about them. But anyways. My No Limit Stage 2 is on and it's mostly happy.

My EGR is just a paper weight sitting there for looks only. I may take it completely off in the future. But truthfully I don't keep a truck long enough to care. Every 4-5 years I grab a new one.... who knows I may keep this one. Doubtful according to my record tho.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online