swamps 175/146 inj = 1700
H2E turbo kit = 2400
I/C bypass tube = 250
Built tranny/Billet TQ = 4000
adrenaline hpop = 600
fass pump = 800
reg fuel return = 600
Total = 11,550...

Those numbers arent exact, did a lot of that stuff a while back... but id say thats a close estimate

I made more power then that on a stock Trans,stock turbo,stock hpop,just tune and injectors

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I should get the price of what it took me for what I did..... I think it will be under 5,000 dollars... Will see about that though...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont even have 1600 into getting my injectors done....

Closer to 1300 for me.... 500 or less in the daul stealth..

I will get a list together and see what I hit...

baderic03

Reaction score
All depends on who you get your injectors from. My truck now. With new injectors,hpops,turbo,up pipes,Trans and everything else I'm about $10k into my truck

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
OK heres the deal... I jumped in the pickup and was on my way out to the hay feild.(15 miles away) It started up great and ran great... About 4.5 miles down the road it started to nock BAD!!! It sounded really bad!! I was driving along @ 45 to 50 mph @ about 1250 to 1300 RPMs.. AND i had not tookit above 1600 RPMs the hole time..

Right now as i sit I have put on about 160 trouble free miles since I got it up and going...Except for the fact the clutch slipped....

And then out of the blue it starts to nock so Ipushed in the clutch and @ a Idle it does not do it BUT as soon as I hit about 1100 to 1200 RPMs it starts to nock??!??!! So I shut it off... Then started it back to see if ot smoked just sitting there @ a idle.. No smoke.. not even a light haze.. So i rev it to 1200 rpms No smoke... Just a bad nock...

So i got turned around and drove it home between 800 to 1000 rpms....(did not nock there) The nock has got a lot more quit now... I that point i was lost to what was wrong..

So i run a couple of tests.. Here is what I got....

P0263 Cylinder 1 Contribution/Balance Fault

P0272 Cylinder 4 Contribution/Balance Fault

P0275 Cylinder 5 Contribution/Balance Fault

I really do not think this^^^^^ should make it nock...

With the hood up standing in front of the pickup you cant hear it intill you get to the back of the engine....

To be honest my first thoughts were one of the SB push rods bent.... OR a keeprer on a spring poped off.... But the later could not have happened.. And normally if a PR bends.. They smoke like a fright train!!!

Then i thougt mybe a VC harness is was bad... BUT it passed the buzz test...

any thought???? They would be great!!!

one more thing... it still start great!!!!

baderic03

Reaction score
Could be a cam position sensor,tunes,Idm starting to fail,PCM starting to fail. Pull connector off PCM clean it and reinstall along with Idm. Check fuel pressure or possible clog in the regulator return system causing excessive fuel pressure causing the injectors to fuel lock

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
CPS is new...... Stock tunining :) IDM was just changed... not shure on PCM Everything works on it... and all the test I run point two three injectors... Fuel PSI is @ 65 all the time...

I am going to move the injectors around and se what happens.. If the iDM would be bad it should show poor performance for all the injectors....

If it is a couple of the injectors... Well then that would mean time to go bigger!! ;)

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Swaped IDMs still the same.... So I swapped out #1 injector (this one failed the test) with The #6 injector (this one passed the test).. I started it up (after iget the oil and fuel worked out) And let it idle for a bit. Was trying to let the oil hit 160+ degrees,, Well it never made it... One of the rocker arms broke!! and shot the push rod up and out and almost hit me in the face!!! The engine had just started nocking again really bad so I was leaning over it trying to see if I could locate the noise... Well the nocking stoped when the rod flew by my face...

So I will need a new rocker arm before moving on... I hope that was what made the noise BUT I will not say for shure... still sounded like it cam from the front cylinder...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I would scope that cylinder before you put it back together! Might have something in there hitting the valve.

Or was just weak from when the engine hydrolocked about 4 years ago... I hope it is a combo of that plus the stronger 910s allong with 40+PSI of boost....

:) I hope that is what it would be from.... I am still not rulling out the 3 injectors.... when I get another Rocker arm. I will test the injectors again...

Its sad to say this.... But it felt good to pull the VC again!!!:jawdrop:

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I am going to limit the turbo to about 50 PSI... When @ sea level 50 PSI is right in the meat of the comp map for the turbo... If you go by the map I could even run to 60 PSI @ sea level and still be within the comp map for the turbo... BUT then I am out of the "meat" of the flow range.... Anywhere from 35 to 50 PSI is right in the "meat" of the compressor map for this turbo... Max flow is 99Lbs a minute... SO by right this turbo "should beable to clean up the 200% nozzles... BUT we will see..

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Just changed the Rocker arm... It know has a WAY louder nock then it did before the rocker arm broke....

When i have time I will look into it farther... I need to pick up a bore scope so i can look in the cylinder...

It sounds like a Injector just is not working...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I NEED to get this thing going!!!! They are having sled pulls for pickups tractors and ATV in Sidney Montana at the end this month!!!!

I need to get this thing figured OUT and FAST!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.