P2073 code with IDP

Notneb

Reaction score
The engine has nothing to do with the discussion - nor does the Tq output. This is about transmission tuning. A transmission tune simply needs to be figured out - which clearly is not the case at this point.

No need to get defensive, it is what it is - a work in progress.

I don't smoke.

You have to be on something if you think TQ output has nothing to do with trans shifting. No ones defensive btw ;)

macsfx4

Reaction score
i have a 2015 with ccv ******, no limit intake, egr ******, running innovated hot street. only code i got was P2182 coolant temp sensor 2, and p04E2 which is the ccv and i reflashed it and the coolant temp code went away still have the ccv code which i knew it wasn't going away but its not hurting anything but i haven't got any other codes as of yet 2000 miles on the truck

macsfx4

Reaction score
i have PIPs tunes also i just like innovated shifting a lot better then PIP performance tune

jwanck11

Reaction score
You have to be on something if you think TQ output has nothing to do with trans shifting. No ones defensive btw ;)

I think the operative question is, "So what?!" That has nothing to do with well anything really perhaps other than time to discovery.

The single, sole, only, exclusive point being made is that no one has figured out the trans shirting strategy YET that is all but perfect. In the F150 gas world, this has been accomplished (it took quite awhile and many, many test/revisions.)

It is highly likely someone will hit the sweet spot and deliver a transmission strategy on the SCT platform that is spot on in all respects.

GH is by far closest although there is a flare from 5-6; otherwise, the rest of the actuation is pretty dang good.

Notneb

Reaction score
I think the operative question is, "So what?!" That has nothing to do with well anything really perhaps other than time to discovery.

The single, sole, only, exclusive point being made is that no one has figured out the trans shirting strategy YET that is all but perfect. In the F150 gas world, this has been accomplished (it took quite awhile and many, many test/revisions.)

It is highly likely someone will hit the sweet spot and deliver a transmission strategy on the SCT platform that is spot on in all respects.

GH is by far closest although there is a flare from 5-6; otherwise, the rest of the actuation is pretty dang good.

I'm not disagreeing that there is leaps and bounds to be made in the trans tuning, but what I'm trying to get across to you is that high hp/TQ platforms are always a bitch to tune the trans. Like Made from $partan said, no canned tune will give you perfect shifting, and when you have that kind of power, it's very noticeable. I might as well bitch about my Viper eating clutches at 800hp and crying about how my Acura doesn't. This is why custom tuning is needed, and I don't care what you say, no canned tune will make these trucks shift 100% baby smooth, like again, Matt already pointed out.

buckethead27

Reaction score
have 3500 miles on an iD tuned hot street, have seen no codes thrown to date, had an insufficient egr a low flow code thrown but after unplugging 2 egr harnesses have had no cel's. fingers crossed now lol. 2015 ccsb

Last edited:

jwanck11

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing that there is leaps and bounds to be made in the trans tuning, but what I'm trying to get across to you is that high hp/TQ platforms are always a bitch to tune the trans. Like Made from $partan said, no canned tune will give you perfect shifting, and when you have that kind of power, it's very noticeable. I might as well bitch about my Viper eating clutches at 800hp and crying about how my Acura doesn't. This is why custom tuning is needed, and I don't care what you say, no canned tune will make these trucks shift 100% baby smooth, like again, Matt already pointed out.

I never said "canned" tune! If I did, that was a complete and 100% mistake on my part.

The reality is that no custom tune YET shifts perfectly - though GH is very, very close. Additionally, the nGuage and nDash guys seem to have something close if not spot on, but I am waiting for the rah-rah guys to die down to hear from more discerning drivers before taking stock.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I never said "canned" tune! If I did, that was a complete and 100% mistake on my part.

The reality is that no custom tune YET shifts perfectly - though GH is very, very close. Additionally, the nGuage and nDash guys seem to have something close if not spot on, but I am waiting for the rah-rah guys to die down to hear from more discerning drivers before taking stock.
When he said "custom" he may have meant getting a truck specifically tuned and tweaked not just using tunes available through gh, pip etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
Every truck is different so no way every one will react the same to canned tunes even with custom tuners doing it

Notneb

Reaction score

Ah I see the misunderstanding, I meant custom as in taking the truck to a tuner, not files made by a tuner. Tunes made by PIP, GH, and Sp@rtan are considered "canned" as they are not tailored specifically to the truck UNLESS you personally work with them on a tune for your specific truck.

Notneb

Reaction score
When he said "custom" he may have meant getting a truck specifically tuned and tweaked not just using tunes available through gh, pip etc.

100% what I meant! :p

BR459

Reaction score
Ok, question on the punch versions. I have the ID tunes and the Punch tunes, have only ran the Punch tunes since getting them because of the aforementioned coded and CEL. No problems at all with the punch tunes. The shifts are sometimes rough, and then I may go 2-3 days with smooth shifting, no issues, I've never been able to make any correlation as to what causes it to run in cycles like that. My question, how do I upgrade versions? Is this just a matter of plugging my SCT up to my PC and selecting the "upgrade" option or do I actually have to buy more tunes? Thanks!

Notneb

Reaction score
If you have livewire, and you're on PIP's email list, when they release the new version, they'll email the files to you, and you'll simply load the new files on your hand held.

Reaction score
Got gear head tunes Wednesday and put them on and have both p2073 & p2074 and a new one p1635. It's the axle/tire ratio code. Been trying ******** and Mike to see what's going on. Just waiting for a call back from one of the two. If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to throw them my way. Getting tired of the cel on constantly.

Thanks
Nic

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Got gear head tunes Wednesday and put them on and have both p2073 & p2074 and a new one p1635. It's the axle/tire ratio code. Been trying ******** and Mike to see what's going on. Just waiting for a call back from one of the two. If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to throw them my way. Getting tired of the cel on constantly.

Thanks
Nic

Intake?

Reaction score
did you call or email ? today was insane at the shop. i'll get it handled asap, even on a saturday .

Yeah I called and left a message with one of your guys to call back. He said you were crazy busy today, not a big deal. Just give me a call when you get a chance, my number is 217-254-4315.

Appreciate it Mike.

I need to talk to you about some fox shocks too.

Latest posts

Members online