$partan Ngauge vs P!P v8!!!

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
If YOU reread, actually consider what others are saying instead of focusing on what you are have to communicate, you will find:

1. The injector rattle (again) is NOT a WOT issue. I have never been WOT, ever. All of us experience it. It is common under moderate acceleration. Unless your drive style is about coasting, as you were additionally a tester, you experienced it too - but failed to say anything.

2. My shift strategy testing was done on a set of roads that tested the strategy completely. Look them up on maps. There is absolutely no "thinking" that the shifting does and, again, I have never seen anyone complain about the shift strategy in the latest revising.

All that said, I would like to see a solid comparison between the tunes..... and it seems discerning people interested in running the best tunes will have to continue to wait for that. Equally, I would like to see GH fix the shift strategy and also get into the mix.

Not for nothing, but you seem very defensive about the tuning you're running and he is comparing against. Everyone will have differing views on what is good/bad and right/wrong just as every truck can react differently to different tuning. If you are happy with yours, that's great. If he likes his newer tuning, that's great too.

Notneb

Reaction score
That's the funny part, I have to return the $partan stuff when I'm done with this comparison, so it's not like I'm going from P!P to $partan. This is simply a comparison I was asked to do, and I can only report what I experience, with the tools at my disposal. At the end of the test, I will be returning to P!P tunes.

I was going to leave that out of the test as I felt people would think I was going to be biased against $partan lol.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Is the "injector rattle" only on the highest tune setting? Do the lower power settings cause this rattle? I was looking at getting PIP'S tunes just for a reliable Street and Tow tune later this week or the next from Rudy's since they're just up the road from me

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Is the "injector rattle" only on the highest tune setting? Do the lower power settings cause this rattle? I was looking at getting PIP'S tunes just for a reliable Street and Tow tune later this week or the next from Rudy's since they're just up the road from me

Not sure, I do have a new file from P!P that addresses the injector rattle and has revised shifting, just need to finish with the $partan testing. I can't just go back and forth between the two because I have to reset to stock if I change tuning platforms.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Not sure, I do have a new file from P!P that addresses the injector rattle and has revised shifting, just need to finish with the $partan testing. I can't just go back and forth between the two because I have to reset to stock if I change tuning platforms.
Oh you're good man I'm just grateful for all the info you've posted so far in here! Serious thanks again

jwalk09

Reaction score

I've only ran the v8 street and haven't noticed any issues. Runs and shifts good

hunter.b

Reaction score
If YOU reread, actually consider what others are saying instead of focusing on what you are have to communicate, you will find:

1. The injector rattle (again) is NOT a WOT issue. I have never been WOT, ever. All of us experience it. It is common under moderate acceleration. Unless your drive style is about coasting, as you were additionally a tester, you experienced it too - but failed to say anything.

2. My shift strategy testing was done on a set of roads that tested the strategy completely. Look them up on maps. There is absolutely no "thinking" that the shifting does and, again, I have never seen anyone complain about the shift strategy in the latest revising.

All that said, I would like to see a solid comparison between the tunes..... and it seems discerning people interested in running the best tunes will have to continue to wait for that. Equally, I would like to see GH fix the shift strategy and also get into the mix.

It's not like this is new news by now we should all know that not all 6.7 act the same! I also was a original tester of the new PIP and I do plenty of WOT launches on level 4 but have not experience the injector rattle that some of you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yeh well might as well be in nc. Right on the line. 45 mins from greenboro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
*plays some Barry White* Y'all need a moment? :p

We just had it thanks lol. Anymore updates so far ?

d80c7125800c52597ad01ee7136705ce.jpg

I suck at Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Update: Hopefully finishing $partan tunes tonight, starting on P!P tomorrow. Stupid cold took two days from me, but I should be able to get it all wrapped up by next week.

I'll be putting the truck on the dyno this weekend, figured I'd see what P!P is putting down with their lv4 tune. Should be another truck there that is seeing what GH is putting down too, so I'll have a three way comparison.

Again sorry for the hickup!

Latest posts

Members online