Poll.. Tunning for the 7.3L 200% Nozzles..

Whos tunes do you run. This is for 200% nozzles only

• Matt@Gearhead

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Power Houngry Performance

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Diesel Inovations

• DP-Tuner

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Tony Wildman

• Beans

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Swamps

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I tune my own 7.3L

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Cale Thompson's tunes

• Elite Diesel

• Total voters

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok

As most of you know I just put in 300/200 Injectors. SO I thought I would start a Thread and Poll to see who's tunning you use. OR if you do your own tunning..

This Is just for 200% nozzles only.. SO please do not respond if you have any other nozzle..

It does not matter the size OR kind (B-codes, Hybrids or AA) of injectors they just need to have the 200% nozzles..

Some questions to answer.

-What injector Size and make are you running with 200% nozzles.
-Who's tunes are you running??
- Are you tunes live tuned?
-Do they haze at a idle??
-How smooth is the idle??
-What or the cons you have seen with the 200% nozzle??
-What are the pros you have seen????
-What do you have for a HPOP??
-What do you get for fuel MPG??
-Do you tow with them?? If so how do you like them..

This is just some of the Questions I have.

The main one is Who's tunes do you have how do you like them..

Thanks Guys!!!

Please keep this civil. For some reason a lot of threads that have tuner's mentioned in them get out of hand.

On Edit: Sorry I could not put up more choices on the poll.. They only let you give ten choices. If the tunes you are using are not on the poll,, Please share it to us in a post.. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
What if we run multiple tuners ? I clicked Matt because thats the chip in the truck now. However I have a chip from Swamps on the bench.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
What if we run multiple tuners ? I clicked Matt because thats the chip in the truck now. However I have a chip from Swamps on the bench.

I wonder if the mods will let me change the poll. So multiple choices can be made...

Regardless. Tell us about both of them.. I know some guys have tunes from different tuners on the same chip. So tell us what you think of all the tuners tunes you have run.. As Long as it is just for 200% nozzles..

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Both on exact same truck. Only put a few miles on the Swamps tunes. I was having trans issues and it seemes the Swamps tunes made them worse (Had nothing to do with tuning, hence the PCS)

I have towed with matts tunes and loved his tow tune, almost no smoke. Slight puff under hard excel with 6500lbs and had her almost wide open for a mile merging from 45MPH up to 75MPH with EGTS under 1150.

Ill will say Swamps tunes had a little bit of a choppier idle, but I liked his hotter tunes a bit better. Matts tunes are less smokey in any tune. Both Tuners in any tune will haze grey smoke on cold start up (kind of worries me a tad) its minimal but still.

I will say in my experience Jonathan seems more easy to deal with as far as tweaks and changes. Just my opinion. I dislike that matt cant email tunes, but in time.

Im running a termy modded 17 and it holds pressure fine in the hot tunes(Swamps/Matts) under 50% Duty cycle.

I am pleased with both tuners so far. Unfortunately I havent been able to run at the trucks full potential due to transmission issues. And that being said I have far more miles on Matts tunes at the moment.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Interested in this as well. Im running 80% at the moment with matt's tunes and my truck runs awesome.. smoke free and efficient and im debating on going to 200% this winter or not. its not going to cost me much out-of-pocket to get the swap done but I don't want to regret losing a perfect running truck in search of more power, been there done that and don't want to go there again. A customer who I did a bunch of work to his truck is running a 300/200 setup and with matt's first set of mail order tuning the truck is pretty gutless and smoke free, but with swamps tuning it's nothing but excessive fuel and heat- neither of which I want. But seeing how sweet my truck runs with 80's im sure there's lots of room for improvement from how that truck runs with 200% nozzles.

cumminskiller

Reaction score
Prior to mid august swamps didnt have real tuning to a 300/200. I spent 10hrs with johnathan aug, 13th live tuning and made some huge improvements. Truck idles smooth, CRUISE CONTROL IS FLAWLESS!! With the street tune truck did 450/771 with very just a haze of smoke. So little smoke you could pull in front of a cop and hammer on it and he wouldnmt know the difference. Now i do not tow so sorry i couldnt help ya there. And the truck was eating cam sensors on the dyno so numbers might have gone alittle higher? We will see when the new cam goes in.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Prior to mid august swamps didnt have real tuning to a 300/200. I spent 10hrs with johnathan aug, 13th live tuning and made some huge improvements. Truck idles smooth, CRUISE CONTROL IS FLAWLESS!! With the street tune truck did 450/771 with very just a haze of smoke. So little smoke you could pull in front of a cop and hammer on it and he wouldnmt know the difference. Now i do not tow so sorry i couldnt help ya there. And the truck was eating cam sensors on the dyno so numbers might have gone alittle higher? We will see when the new cam goes in.

Johnathan spent 23 hour live tuning my truck in June. From towing to full on hold on. Tranny shifts flawlessly and smoke free unless you stomp on it

JHILL

Reaction score
Tony Wildman is live tuning mine this coming weekend,

I have tried 3 tuners

1st one lasted a week before I sent chip back for a refund I was told I had a injector or motor issue.??

Cale's have ran the cleanest, have not been able to get a hold of him , so far Jonathan's (Beans) runs the best overall.

Will see what happens next weekend

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It would be nice for others to know who this was.

This is not the thread for that..... So please let it rest.. Thanks!!!!

Thanks guys for the input you have given so far!!!! Keep it coming!!!

JHILL... Keep us updated on the Live tunning from TW Please!!!! That would be great..

And Agian Please no Bashing in this thread. To many threads get off track from uneaded garbage... Thanks!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Both on exact same truck. Only put a few miles on the Swamps tunes. I was having trans issues and it seemes the Swamps tunes made them worse (Had nothing to do with tuning, hence the PCS)

I have towed with matts tunes and loved his tow tune, almost no smoke. Slight puff under hard excel with 6500lbs and had her almost wide open for a mile merging from 45MPH up to 75MPH with EGTS under 1150.

Ill will say Swamps tunes had a little bit of a choppier idle, but I liked his hotter tunes a bit better. Matts tunes are less smokey in any tune. Both Tuners in any tune will haze grey smoke on cold start up (kind of worries me a tad) its minimal but still.

I will say in my experience Jonathan seems more easy to deal with as far as tweaks and changes. Just my opinion. I dislike that matt cant email tunes, but in time.

Im running a termy modded 17 and it holds pressure fine in the hot tunes(Swamps/Matts) under 50% Duty cycle.

I am pleased with both tuners so far. Unfortunately I havent been able to run at the trucks full potential due to transmission issues. And that being said I have far more miles on Matts tunes at the moment.

Thanks for the input!!!! I dont have to worry about trans tuning since i have a stick... I am just looking for the tuner that can make good smoke free power. And still idle good..

Interested in this as well. Im running 80% at the moment with matt's tunes and my truck runs awesome.. smoke free and efficient and im debating on going to 200% this winter or not. its not going to cost me much out-of-pocket to get the swap done but I don't want to regret losing a perfect running truck in search of more power, been there done that and don't want to go there again. A customer who I did a bunch of work to his truck is running a 300/200 setup and with matt's first set of mail order tuning the truck is pretty gutless and smoke free, but with swamps tuning it's nothing but excessive fuel and heat- neither of which I want. But seeing how sweet my truck runs with 80's im sure there's lots of room for improvement from how that truck runs with 200% nozzles.

I agree. I whant good towing and MPG along with low to no smoke..

Thanks!!! All the info i can get is great!!

Johnathan spent 23 hour live tuning my truck in June. From towing to full on hold on. Tranny shifts flawlessly and smoke free unless you stomp on it

Thanks!! Sounds good..

I have tried 3 tuners

1st one lasted a week before I sent chip back for a refund I was told I had a injector or motor issue.??

Cale's have ran the cleanest, have not been able to get a hold of him , so far Jonathan's (Beans) runs the best overall.

Thanks for the input!!! Keep us posted on the live tunning!!!!

Could you PM who the first tunner was??? That way we can keep the thread from getting "trashed".. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

I have tried 3 tuners

It would be nice for others to know who this was.

Id second that.

CurtisF

Reaction score

- I'm running Full Force 250/200's.
- My own tuning using Minotaur.
- Yes, many many many many times, and still working on it.
- Only when cold, and that's on my latest set of tunes (timing experiment). Previous set of tunes had only slightly more white haze when cold as stock injectors.
- Idle is good, not perfect. Has a slight chop to it currently when fully warm (engine oil temp over 160 degrees).
- They are a challenge to tune, especially for a novice.
- Huge decrease in EGT's, lots of power, fantastic drivability.
- Stock HPOP.
- Same as when I had stock injectors. Average about 16 mpg's around town (lifted truck).
- It tows several days a week. Absolutely zero problems towing around town or even up in the mountains. EGT's are cooler when towing than when I was running stock injectors.

Big Bore

Reaction score
This is not the thread for that..... So please let it rest.. Thanks!!!!

So you don't want to know which tuners might be a problem? I don't see how having all the information possible can be bad. It's not bashing if you are simply posting facts. Facts that can help others make an informed decision. It's not even statistically possibly that every tuner out there is going to be good.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

- I'm running Full Force 250/200's.
- My own tuning using Minotaur.
- Yes, many many many many times, and still working on it.
- Only when cold, and that's on my latest set of tunes (timing experiment). Previous set of tunes had only slightly more white haze when cold as stock injectors.
- Idle is good, not perfect. Has a slight chop to it currently when fully warm (engine oil temp over 160 degrees).
- They are a challenge to tune, especially for a novice.
- Huge decrease in EGT's, lots of power, fantastic drivability.
- Stock HPOP.
- Same as when I had stock injectors. Average about 16 mpg's around town (lifted truck).
- It tows several days a week. Absolutely zero problems towing around town or even up in the mountains. EGT's are cooler when towing than when I was running stock injectors.

Thanks Pocket!!! This is very good information!!! I have been leaning in the Direction of doing my own tunning.. BUT am not shore yet if it is the way I should go.. I will need to do a lot more research on tunning to see if it is a route i can go.. Thanks for your time and information it is great!!!!

So you don't want to know which tuners might be a problem? I don't see how having all the information possible can be bad. It's not bashing if you are simply posting facts. Facts that can help others make an informed decision. It's not even statistically possibly that every tuner out there is going to be good.

Yes it is nice to know.. BUT every time name are named it turns into nothing but a bash-fest!! and that is what I do not want to happen!! I would not mind if the names were named, As long is that is were it ends. IF JHILL would have wanted to-post it up for everyone to see he would have.. I respect him for his choice. If he wants to post it up so yall can see. I still would respect him for it. AS long as nobody takes it and runs... Like i have said i want this thread to stay on track.

Thank you for your time Big Bore.. Do you have 200% nozzles on your injectors?? If so please fill us in...

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yes it is nice to know.. BUT every time name are named it turns into nothing but a bash-fest!! and that is what I do not want to happen!! I would not mind if the names were named, As long is that is were it ends. IF JHILL would have wanted to-post it up for everyone to see he would have.. I respect him for his choice. If he wants to post it up so yall can see. I still would respect him for it. AS long as nobody takes it and runs... Like i have said i want this thread to stay on track.

Thank you for your time Big Bore.. Do you have 200% nozzles on your injectors?? If so please fill us in...

I certainly agree it doesn't need to escalate to a "bashfest", but I also don't think providing information about certain tunes/tuners is "bashing". I respect your wishes for your thread completely. If a person was told by a tuner that the reason his engine sounded so bad was a mechanical issue, but tunes from other tuners didn't have the same problem, I would think this forum and a thread like yours would be an ideal place for this information to come to light for the benefit of yourself and others using the information posted here to make tuner decisions.

I do not have 200% nozzles at this time, but will in the near future, and I've spent a lot of time talking to my tuner and others about them. However, regarding that, I also haven't been making any recommendations in your thread either, and would have left my other comments where they were had you not asked.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I certainly agree it doesn't need to escalate to a "bashfest", but I also don't think providing information about certain tunes/tuners is "bashing". I respect your wishes for your thread completely. If a person was told by a tuner that the reason his engine sounded so bad was a mechanical issue, but tunes from other tuners didn't have the same problem, I would think this forum and a thread like yours would be an ideal place for this information to come to light for the benefit of yourself and others using the information posted here to make tuner decisions.

I do not have 200% nozzles at this time, but will in the near future, and I've spent a lot of time talking to my tuner and others about them. However, regarding that, I also haven't been making any recommendations in your thread either, and would have left my other comments where they were had you not asked.

This is a good stoping point.. Thanks!! When you get 200% Please feel free to post up what you think!!

Latest posts

Members online