Poll.. Tunning for the 7.3L 200% Nozzles..

Whos tunes do you run. This is for 200% nozzles only

• Matt@Gearhead

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Power Houngry Performance

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Diesel Inovations

• DP-Tuner

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Tony Wildman

• Beans

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Swamps

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I tune my own 7.3L

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Cale Thompson's tunes

• Elite Diesel

• Total voters

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Tony

A little smokey, OK, a lot smokey. But if you pay attention (drive, and stay on top of the turbo) you can keep the smoke to a puff now and then. If, however, you decide to mat it at any given time, you will get some smoke, sometimes a whole lotta smoke. However, you will also be grabbing you a whole lotta gone at the same time.

Yeah very powerful and also smokey was my first set of tunes! live tuning or a couple revisions and it was as clear as my turbo could make them

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, that is the next step. Smoky is not his fault, we do not exactly know what my injectors are, and he was guessing when he put tunes on my chip. We will get it narrowed down from here.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Tony

A little smokey, OK, a lot smokey. But if you pay attention (drive, and stay on top of the turbo) you can keep the smoke to a puff now and then. If, however, you decide to mat it at any given time, you will get some smoke, sometimes a whole lotta smoke. However, you will also be grabbing you a whole lotta gone at the same time.

Thanks for the information Arisley!! I have hears great thing about tony..

Yep, that is the next step. Smoky is not his fault, we do not exactly know what my injectors are, and he was guessing when he put tunes on my chip. We will get it narrowed down from here.

When you get new tunes, Let us know how you like it!

Homesteader

Reaction score
Terminator twin pumps
375/200s right now....250/200's the past 6 months.
72mm s300 turbo

Never had an issue of a haze at idle with any of the mentioned tuners, never an issue with haze at a constant speed either honestly. Biggest problem i found was passing cars, that seemed to be the hardest time to keep smoke under control. It took a couple times to get that right, and the idle quality also took a few tries no matter who was tuning the truck

Tony Wildman has tuned mine mostly. Has worked with me umpteen hours to get it just how i want it, he is willing to try over and over until he has perfected it. Love the shifting, smoke, idle..... Only complaints i can remember are the first try sort of tunes, nothing with 200% nozzles ever seems to run flawless on the first try.... you gotta work with them to perfect things.

Jonathan from Beans- Definitely was the closest to running perfect on the first try. A little too smokey in my larger tunes, but that is to be expected as they are "extreme tunes". Had an issue after a few hard runs getting the idle to be smooth though. Fairly hard to get ahold of, so finally gave up.

Cale Thompson- Another great guy, was willing to work with me when he found time! Shifting was my favorite right off the bat, he has worked with the BTS transmission a LOT and in my opinion has perfected it and the OBS PCM. Have put his tunes on multiple trucks around town here.

I would recommend TW or Cale Thompson if your looking for a cheap route to get your truck running awesome. Jonathan is a great guy, and definitely tunes like a champ, but you will pay for it.

Ive ran other tuners as well, but not enough to give input so ill leave them alone!

One last thing I can say is that even though ive never tried Bill @ PHP, i have spoke with him quite a bit about tuning and some issues i was having, once I had minotaur he took a few minutes to show me how i could fix my own problems. If i was keeping the 7.3 i would definitely let him stab at the tuning, he knows his ****!

Derek great info. One of the tunners mentioned above is still on the top of my list,but good to hear input on your experience .

Latest posts

Members online