Pistons

derrick36

Reaction score
I'm surprised considering you bit everything else I've done.

I'm just not into the lowered look.

I'm not sure what you're getting at by stating that I've bit on everything else you've done.

Everything I've done to my truck(which isn't much)is pretty generic. If you want credit for that stuff, more power to you.

There isn't one thing on my truck that took original thought(nor have I claimed it to be that way), but I found things that I liked and made mine look/drive that way.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It's okay if you're a biter, hell , how long you been biting pillows now and you're still disease free?

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
This thread is a clusterfvck.

Ill agree with Derrick on his simple principle that everyone seems to be blowing out of proportion. Derrick hasnt talked down on elites products or anything like that. All he wants to know is if Elites claims to strength and what not are proven or just guessed upon. Not an unreasonable request at all.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I guess, maybe you didn't read Wayne's post where he quoted me a bunch of times.

You're not saying anything different than anyone else. Because of that, I'm not changing my questions.

No one owes me any explanation. I've already stated that.

Ive been told I dont think like the consumer all the time and I guess what I said before I thought would have been enough. Here is the answer I figure you were looking for.

The pistons have been tested in actual engines under the same conditions as engines that did crack pistons and they did not crack. Since they did not crack where the previous design did, then we can state they are stronger. Do you really think this amount of money would have been spent without testing more than just computer simulations.

derrick36

Reaction score
Ive been told I dont think like the consumer all the time and I guess what I said before I thought would have been enough. Here is the answer I figure you were looking for.

The pistons have been tested in actual engines under the same conditions as engines that did crack pistons and they did not crack. Since they did not crack where the previous design did, then we can state they are stronger. Do you really think this amount of money would have been spent without testing more than just computer simulations.

That's all I was looking for.

Problem solved.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Out of curiousity what is the compression dropped to by cutting the lip out. 15 something I figure. Have you spoke with rudy on the cold blooded characteristics of low compression? like what his drag truck has

I just saw a post by Doug saying removing the lip makes a 1cc difference in the bowls and compression drops from 17.5:1 to 17.0625:1

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I just saw a post by Doug saying removing the lip makes a 1cc difference in the bowls and compression drops from 17.5:1 to 17.0625:1

I wonder if doug has ever run a lowered compression piston of his own? Doubt it. He probaly got his info from the Internet.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I posted that cause I want to know which is correct. I mean there is a huge difference from 15 to 17:1 compression. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Well Josh should have his back soon enough. Hope he does a compression test. That will be definitive.

Ill make sure to do one, im not exactly sure when the motor will be back together though, everything has to get sent off to the machine shop and all that fun stuff