Ready for a Change

my79f

Reaction score
Correct... it technically equates to about a 32.8" tall tire.

actually you will need the second number off the tire to be able to equate actual height. For instance my tires are 315/75/r16, and they are 34.6" tall tires.

my79f

Reaction score
Yeah the first number has more to do with the width than the height. I just use a tire calculator if i want to know the actual height of the tire.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Well they have a calculator under the horspeower calculator tab up top... :poke:

Although I may be way off; the way I understand it, is that the first number is a true metric measurement in millimeters for width of the tire.

(325/25.4)= 12.79 inches wide...

The second number is actually a percentage of the first number, and stands for the sidewall for one half off the tire. (325x.50)=162.5 162.5/25.4=6.39 inches...

Rim size = 20
Total sidewall = 6.39x2 = 12.79
Rim and Sidewall = total diameter of tire = 32.79

I may be wrong about the width of the tire though (first number)... but I thought it was true width of the tire.

my79f

Reaction score
325's? that's a small 33?

Correct... it technically equates to about a 32.8" tall tire... if that was your question?

Upinsmoke, from memory i believe you are write with the equation of how the tire is measured. But the two qoutes above this line had me thinking paint chips were a major source of protein for you as a kid. haha

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Upinsmoke, from memory i believe you are write with the equation of how the tire is measured. But the two qoutes above this line had me thinking paint chips were a major source of protein for you as a kid. haha

you mean a 32.8 isnt a small 33?? LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not many 33" tires ever make it to 33. My 37's are 35.5 mounted and on the truck. Tire sizing is not close at all anymore. Michelin is one of the only companies that try to adhere to this sizing. Divide the first number by 25. Ignore the .4 as tires are nominally sized.

I really like the 33x13" Mt Atz that is out there but ULTRA hard to find. I like the way Minks truck looked with the 15.5's on it. Wide and aggressive. Im sold on an all terrain or even a standard tread like the nitto terra grappler. I dont need the mudders anymore and am getting sick of the noise.

General grabber at/2's and procomp extreme all terrain are nice all season, multipurpose truck tires too. Im not sure on sizing availability for wide 20's though.

The MT is probably the best option and they are super high quality.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Not many 33" tires ever make it to 33. My 37's are 35.5 mounted and on the truck. Tire sizing is not close at all anymore. Michelin is one of the only companies that try to adhere to this sizing. Divide the first number by 25. Ignore the .4 as tires are nominally sized.

I really like the 33x13" Mt Atz that is out there but ULTRA hard to find. I like the way Minks truck looked with the 15.5's on it. Wide and aggressive. Im sold on an all terrain or even a standard tread like the nitto terra grappler. I dont need the mudders anymore and am getting sick of the noise.

General grabber at/2's and procomp extreme all terrain are nice all season, multipurpose truck tires too. Im not sure on sizing availability for wide 20's though.

The MT is probably the best option and they are super high quality.

That is what is pictured above in the bed of my black truck and what I bought. Problem is they are so exensive.

TripleE44

Reaction score
After seeing this truck in person Friday, I'd like to diagnose Lance with perpetual mod syndrome(PMS). Specifically with powerstrokes. The truck looks very good, stance is awesome and the tires stick out plenty. I think he's just bored for some reason. Seeing this truck makes me second guess how high I went and partially makes me want to lower it down a bit...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
After seeing this truck in person Friday, I'd like to diagnose Lance with perpetual mod syndrome(PMS). Specifically with powerstrokes. The truck looks very good, stance is awesome and the tires stick out plenty. I think he's just bored for some reason. Seeing this truck makes me second guess how high I went and partially makes me want to lower it down a bit...

my name is Lance...and I have a problem.

Latest posts

Members online